Do you know that you can now link your phone number to the WhatsApp web? Well, this is true. WhatsApp now has a new feature that allows you to link your phone number to the WhatsApp web. Previously this can be done by scanning the Bar Code, however, this new feature will make the process easier and faster because it is with the use of your mobile number.
Linking your phone number to WhatsApp web is now easy and can be done within a few minutes. All you need is your mobile number and a one-time code and you will be able to link up to four devices. However, you will need to log in to your mobile phone every 2 weeks to keep the linked device to stay connected to your WhatsApp account. This guide will show you how exactly to link your phone number to WhatsApp web.
How To Use The New Link With Phone Number on WhatsApp Web
WhatsApp has launched a new feature that enables you to link your phone number to open the WhatsApp web on your device. This can be linked to up to four devices. Follow the guide below to link it on the WhatsApp web:
- Connect to the internet
- Open your web browser and visit WhatsApp web https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Tap on the Link with the phone number
- Input your phone number by choosing your country
- Enter your phone number and tap on Next
- An 8-character code will be displayed on the screen
And there you have it. If you are able to follow these steps carefully, you will be able to link your WhatsApp web with your phone number. However, you need to log in to your mobile phone every 2 weeks to stay connected.
How to Link Your Device to WhatsApp Using a Phone Number
This guide below will show you how to link your device to the WhatsApp web through your mobile number. Follow the instruction below:
- Launch the WhatsApp on your device
- Click on the Enter Code notification from WhatsApp
- If your mobile phone has biometric authentication, then you can follow the instructions on the screen
- If your phone doesn’t have biometric authentication.
- You will be asked to input the PIN you use to unlock your phone
- Your device will show the location and name of the device that you are trying to link
- If the information is accurate, you can click on Confirm
- Then you can unlock your primary device and then input the 8-character code from your other device on the primary phone that you want to link to your device
And there you have it. After following the steps carefully, you will be able to link your phone number to WhatsApp and stay connected.
Another Way to link your device to WhatsApp using a phone number
If the first method doesn’t work, you can try this alternative. This will guarantee that you will be able to link your WhatsApp web through your primary number.
- Launch the WhatsApp on your primary phone
- If your mobile device is Android, you can head over to Linked Device > Link a Device> Link with phone number instead.
- If your mobile device is an iPhone you can head over to WhatsApp settings > Linked Devices > Linked Devices > Link with phone number instead.
- Then you unlock your mobile device If your mobile phone has a biometric authentication, then you can follow the instructions on the screen
- If your phone doesn’t have biometric authentication, you will be asked to input the PIN you use to unlock your phone
- Input the 8-character code from your other device to your primary phone to link your device.
And that it is. It is as simple as that. Make sure that you follow the steps carefully. In addition, ensure that you log in to your mobile phone number to be able to stay connected to WhatsApp.
How To Create A Link To My WhatsApp?
If you want to create a link with your phone number, you can make use of the link https://wa.me/number and replace the word “number” with your mobile number. Do not add any dashes or parentheses. There is also another way to create a link by using a predetermined message which will automatically appear as an option for the customers.