Walmart is the king of e-commerce, allowing several third-party sellers to market their products on the Walmart Seller Center. Presently, Walmart marketplace is one of the biggest eCommerce platforms in the United States. Sellers on the Walmart Marketplace have a dashboard that enables them to upload and manage their product orders and listings.
Walmart Seller Center is a self-service platform for sellers on the Walmart Marketplace to manage their products and services. Also, sellers can add new products to their product catalog, check feed status, update pricing orders, and create a large inventory in the items and inventory section of the Walmart Sellers Center.
Although Walmart enables third-party sellers in more than 35 product classifications to offer their products on the Walmart Marketplace, some items can’t be sold on the Marketplace. Items such as event tickets, tobacco, food requiring refrigerators, alcohol, and gambling products.
What Is Walmart Seller Center?
Walmart Seller Center is an online marketplace that allows third-party sellers to sell their products and services on its website. The items uploaded will be sold on its website through a partnership.
Walmart has over 100 million visitors every month. All product sales will be processed through Walmart’s safe checkout procedures. Sellers also have a platform where they can upload and manage product listings and orders, and also manage shipping and returns.
Why Should I Use Walmart Seller Center?
While there are dozens of online marketplaces available today, Walmart’s marketplace outperforms its competitors in terms of business growth tools and sales optimization tools. As such, we’ll be highlighting some of the reasons why you should opt for Walmart marketplace;
- First of all, setting up an account is free of charge.
- Make your products and services discoverable by millions of buyers. As the largest retailer in the United States, it is safe to say that you’ll get unique visitors every month.
- Online selling made easy. All you need to do to be a seller on Walmart is to provide a few details about your business and add the items you want to sell.
- With the newly released 17 carrier options, sellers can now select from a variety of carriers when marking an order as shipped, and their customers can track the status of these carriers.
- Choose where you to receive your payment. Currently, Payoneer, Hyperwallet, and PingPong are the payment methods available.
- Powerful tools to maximize sales, such as Walmart Connect [A tool that helps you advertise your products to the right customers] and Walmart Fulfillment [A tool that helps you pick, pack, and ship your products].
Above all, it provides you with how-to videos, guided tours, and many other things for the quick development of your business. Indeed, Walmart marketplace is for every eCommerce seller, as it is also available to international sellers.
Requirements to Sell on Walmart Seller Center
Walmart Seller Center has some laid down rules on the requirements for products. Before you become a seller on Walmart Marketplace, you need to meet the requirements. They are:
- You must have competitive pricing.
- Excellent customer service.
- U.S. Tax ID.
- You must have very good reviews for your products.
- You must be able to fit your products into any of the company’s product categories
- W-9 form.
- You must have experience selling in a marketplace.
Even after providing all the documents required and meeting the requirements, Walmart may still reject your application. To make sure that your application is accepted, prove to Walmart that your items are competitive with other products they have on Walmart Marketplace.
How to Sell on Walmart Marketplace
Walmart is a very large platform that has over 100 million visits every month. This can give your business more exposure than you can imagine. However, there are a few requirements that you need to meet before you can start selling on Walmart Marketplace. After meeting the requirements, you can follow the guide below to sell your products on Walmart Marketplace.
Step 1: Meet the Seller’s Eligibility.
Walmart has placed various requirements for people who want to sell their products on Walmart Marketplace. These requirements are designed to make sure that the sellers meet the standards of Walmart in three important areas:
- Their established history of providing the best customer experience
- E-commerce experience.
- A captivating catalog of items that improve Walmart’s offerings.
International sellers who want to list their products on Walmart Marketplace can also go through the requirements list and upload their products on the online shop platform.
Step 2: Start the Application Process
Before you start selling on Walmart Marketplace, you need to finish the application process. Every seller must have a U.S. business address before they can apply.
Before starting your Walmart Marketplace application, you must provide the following documents:
- B2C US-based warehouse that can handle external shipment and returns or an approved Walmart 3PL fulfillment provider.
- A Form W-9 verification letter from the Department of Treasury.
- Competitive pricing of products catalog.
- A US Business Tax Identification Number.
- Strong track record of fulfilling orders accurately and quickly and also offering a quality customer experience.
- An experience of successful selling through a marketplace
- Catalog integration schedule.
These are the requirements that every seller must meet. The time it takes for Walmart to approve your products to be sold on Walmart Marketplace depends on the seller’s size, capabilities, and qualifications.
Step 3: Register Your Business
After completing your application process and getting approved, the next step is to register your business on Walmart Marketplace. Firstly, sign the retainer agreement and then commence onboarding, which takes about 4 weeks.
Walmart offers sellers a starter checklist to get them started. This checklist includes details about verifying a deposit, finishing your seller’s profile, and filing the details of products. Providing details for your products is important because the information affects how people discover your products.
Step 4: Upload your Items Catalog and Run Test Orders
Sellers can add items on Walmart Marketplace individually or in bulk through the Walmart API. They can also add items through a Walmart Solution provider. It is important to make sure that all your listings correspond with Walmart.com content guidelines.
How to Use Walmart Seller Center
As a verified seller on Walmart marketplace, here is what you need to do to start selling your products:
Choose the Product You Want to Sell on Walmart Marketplace
Make a list of the best-selling products you have and keep in mind that you are dealing with people who value low prices. Also, some products are prohibited from being sold on the Walmart marketplace. Below are what sellers can’t sell on Walmart marketplace;
- Used products
- Counterfeit items
- Digital goods
- Recalled items
- Medical devices
- Certain electronics, such as jammers and jailbroken cell phones
- Offensive products
- Certain jewelry, such as loose gemstones
The abovementioned is a list of what is prohibited from selling on Walmart Marketplace.
Create Your Product Content Feed on Walmart.com
It is important to market your product feed in a way that will give customers more details about what you are selling. There are four ways you can upload items on Walmart Seller Center.
- Through Walmart API.
- By partnering with Walmart’s solution provider
- As a single item straight from your dashboard.
- As a bulk upload by using an Excel template.
Upload Your Product Content to Walmart.com
Since several users may be adding the same content for a particular product, Walmart makes use of an algorithm to find out which content will be shown on a given item page. Every item quality is considered separately to assist in drafting the most informative details for shoppers.
There are rules laid down by Walmart.com to govern the decisions and they include:
- Should you be the only seller that has provided content for a product in your catalog, the content uploaded will be used for all product qualities.
- When you offer a particular product quality that no other user has offered, the content will be used for that particular specific attribute.
- When several users have offered content with the same quality, the user’s ranking is determined by the content displayed.
However, if two sellers who fall into the same hierarchical level make a content update, preference is given to the first update provided.
Walmart Seller Center sign up
To start selling your products on Walmart Marketplace, you need to fill out an application form. Then, you sign up for a Walmart Seller Center account. With an account, you can upload and manage your product listings and orders. Here is how to sign up for an account:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your web browser and visit the Walmart Seller Center sign-up page.
- You will be taken to a new page.
- Enter your name.
- Enter your business name and business email address.
- Create a password.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap the ‘’Create my Account’’ button.
There you have it! You will be taken to your newly created Walmart Sellers Center account, where you can manage your products.
Walmart Seller Center Login
If you want to login to your Walmart Seller Central account, you can follow the guide below:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your web browser and visit the Walmart Seller Center login page.
- Tap the Sellers and Suppliers tab.
- This takes you to a new page.
- Enter your email address.
- Enter your Password.
- Tap the Login button.
With the correct login info, Walmart will log you into your Sellers account.
Walmart Seller Center App
The Walmart marketplace app has made business convenient for sellers on Walmart.com. The app is free to download and it is compatible with several devices.
A referral fee will be charged for every item sold. With the Walmart Marketplace app, sellers can easily keep track of product orders, inventory changes, and pricing, and also ensure Walmart channels are in sync.
When Do Customers Get Charged for Orders?
Until the order of the customer is confirmed as shipped, Walmart places a card authorization on the customer’s debit or credit card.
Can Customers Use Gift Cards to Pay for Their Orders on Walmart.com?
Luckily, Walmart allows customers to use their gift cards to buy items from Walmart Seller Center. If a customer returns an item bought with a gift card, you can still process a refund to the customer. When you make the reimbursement, it will be credited to the gift card.
Can Customers Change Their Payment Information After Placing an Order?
Once a customer places an order, they can’t change their payment information. The only way a customer can change their payment info after placing an order is to cancel the order and reorder the same item in a new transaction.
What is Walmart 2-Day Shipping?
Walmart 2-Day Shipping is a program that allows shoppers to enjoy free 2-day delivery on any item they purchase. The program is totally free for buyers with no minimum purchase. All Walmart sellers can apply for this program to increase the visibility of their products and conversion rate. Any item with a 2-day shipping label will arrive in only two business days.
CHECK IT OUT <<< How to Find a Walmart Store Near Me