How do I process the US DV Lottery 2022 Visa Lottery application and who is eligible? The United States of America Department awards about 50,000 applicants from eligible countries every year with a DV Visa Lottery. And 2022 is no exception.
Applicants can start applying for the US DV Lottery 2022 Visa Lottery by completing the Application Form Online. The United States DV Visa Lottery Program enables eligible and approved candidates to live and work in the US permanently with their immediate families.
What is the US DV Visa Lottery 2022 Program?
The US DV Visa Lottery Program is also known as the Diversity Visa Program or Green Card Lottery. The program is designed to enable citizens from eligible countries to live and work in the United States with their families.
The Immigration Act of 1990 was the first to establish it, and President George H.W. Bush signed it into law. As stated above, the United States of America Department will award 50,000 free visas to the US. However, candidates must meet the eligibility requirements. Check out the requirements and documents needed to apply for the DV Visa Lottery Program.
Requirements and Documents to Apply for the US DV 2022 Visa Lottery Program
To apply for the United States Visa Lottery Program for 2022, you need certain documents and you must meet the required requirements. Below are the documents as well as the requirements to be eligible for the 2022 Green Card Lottery Program.
- Apply from an eligible Country
- Be Admissible.
- Appointment Letter.
- Entrants must have a high school diploma or job experience of at least two years.
- At least two photographs from your most recent passport
- Medical Result.
- Marriage Certificate.
- Copy of your birth certificate and other relevant documents.
Countries not eligible for the US Green Card Lottery Application
Not all countries are eligible for the US Visa Lottery Program, and so in this section of the article, we will be listing some of the countries not eligible for the program.
In the meantime, countries with more than 50,000 immigrants in the US are not eligible for the program. That is why, each year, the list of eligible countries changes. In 2022/2023, these are the ineligible countries:
- The United Kingdom except for Northern Ireland and its dependent territories
- China including Hong Kong SAR
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- South Korea
Natives from any of the above-listed countries cannot apply for the DV Visa Lottery Program. However, if your spouse or one of your parents is from an eligible country, you can claim your spouse or parent’s country of birth. You and your spouse must be named on the entry to be eligible.
US DV Lottery 2022 Visa Lottery Application Process
In this section of the write-up, we will be showing you step-by-step guidelines and the process to apply for the US DV Lottery 2022 Visa Lottery Application. There are three basic steps to follow, and below are the steps:
Submit Your Application Online
The first step to applying for the US DV Lottery 2022 Visa Lottery Program is by submitting your application online. When you visit www.USCIS.com online, you will find the application page for the Visa Lottery Application. Here are the details to provide:
- On the application page, enter your first and last name.
- Select your gender.
- Enter your date of birth information.
- Select the city where you were born and the country.
- Also, select your country among the eligible countries for the Diversity Visa Program.
- Upload a recent passport of yourself, your spouse, and each of your children.
- Enter an accurate mailing address.
- Select the country where you are currently living.
- Enter your mobile number and active email address.
- Select your highest level of education from the options.
- Lastly, enter your current marital status and number of children.
Pass Your Interview
After completing your online registration, you will be invited for an interview in-person. You will need to pay a fee of about $330 per person coming with you to the US. Also, the people coming with you must attend the interview.
Your fingerprint and that of your immediate family members will be recorded. Note: When attending your interview, you are required to come with the following document:
- Your Appointment Letter.
- The DS-260 Confirmation Page. You can print this from the Consular Electronic Application page after completing the application.
- A recent passport for each applicant.
- Two identical color photographs of each applicant.
- Valid medical results of you and each of your family members.
- And other important documents such as your birth certificate, marriage certificate, police records, and more.
Collecting Your Green Card
The last and final step to applying for the DV Visa 2022 Lottery Program is collecting your Green Card. Once you have completed your interview, the consular officer in charge of your application will inform you whether you are qualified or whether your application has been denied.
If you have been approved, you will be given a green card. But you must pay a fee of $220 before you travel to the United States. USCIS will mail your green card to the address you submitted to the State Department.
This is done during your immigrant visa interview or to Customs when you land in the United States after you have been admitted to the country. You will then be able to work and live in America permanently.