Aside from using Twitter to communicate and connect with your friends and family, you can also use it to promote your business. With the Twitter for Professionals feature, you can showcase your business products and services to the general public. You can also use Twitter for professionals as a content creator to promote your content online. What is Twitter for professionals, therefore?
What is Twitter for Professionals?
As the name implies, Twitter for Professionals was created by Twitter to enable individuals, brands, and organizations across the world to showcase their business and professional services on the platform. It is completely free to make use of this feature.
Whether you are a publisher, content creator, or small business owner, you can join Twitter for Professionals to boost your sales, generate more leads, and connect with new and potential customers across the world.
In addition, it enables professionals to establish a distinct and well-defined online presence. You may add legitimacy to your company’s online presence, interact with your audience, expand your Twitter brand, enhance profits, and more by creating a professional profile. Based on our research, not everyone is qualified to switch to a professional account.
However, when the feature is available, you will find the Switch to Professional tab on your settings page. You will have to follow the terms and conditions of Twitter before you can switch to a professional account.
Why Should I Use Twitter for Professionals?
One of the essential benefits of using a Twitter Professional Account is that you can access and engage in engagement with other users. Also, you have the opportunity to use advanced tools and features that are not available on a personal account. These professional tools include professional profiles, Twitter shopping, and Quick Promote.
Using these features, you can drive more sales to your website and connect with new and potential customers. Furthermore, you can display your contact information and details to enable customers to easily find you. Twitter for professionals is also a great way to build strong and good relationships with your customers.
And if you are a content creator, you can use this feature to increase your influence on Twitter. Plus, it is completely free to make use of Twitter for Professionals, and you won’t be charged a dime. It is safe and secure to use as a business owner, content creator, marketer, developer, etc.
Requirements for creating a Professional Twitter account
Before creating a Twitter for Professionals account, there are certain requirements or conditions that you need to be aware of. Therefore, in this part of the article, we will be discussing the terms and conditions and requirements you need to have before applying for a professional account;
- You need to sign up for a personal account with Twitter.
- There shouldn’t be any trace or history of repeatedly breaking the “Twitter User Agreement”.
- You must have a comprehensive profile, including your full name, bio, and profile name.
- Lastly, on your profile, your real identity must be displayed. It should not contain the identity of another person, brand, or organization. Also, animals and fictional characters are not accepted unless they are closely associated with your brand or company.
Note that Twitter for Professionals isn’t available for parody or fan accounts. And the terms and conditions must be followed strictly.
How to Switch to a Professional Account on Twitter
Once you have the above-listed requirements and you meet the terms and conditions, you can follow the steps and guidelines below to create a professional Twitter account;
- Login to your Twitter account online or with the mobile app.
- Once logged in, go to your Account Profile settings.
- Or click on the open sidebar when on your home timeline using the app.
- If you are using the sidebar, navigate down and tap on “Twitter for Professionals.”
- And if you’re using the profile settings, scroll down and tap on “Twitter for Professionals.”
- After you’ve entered the conversion flow, click on GET STARTED.
- Choose a category suitable for your professional account and then click on “Next.”
- Note; if you can’t find a suitable category from the options, use the search engine.
- Now, select either “Business or Creator” and tap on “Next”.
Congratulations! You have finally created a professional Twitter account. Now you can start making use of the tools available for a professional account. You can customize your profile, follow relevant topics, and promote a tweet, or you can simply skip it for later.