Millions of people all over the world love using Truecaller every single day. Truecaller was founded in 2009 to simply identify unknown numbers. Truecaller ensures that people take the right call and are protected from unwanted or spam communication. Today, it is the world’s leading caller ID and spam-blocking platform.
Truecaller is an essential part of the everyday communication of over 50 million active users. They are proud to help people and businesses stay focused on what really matters. And the exciting thing is, they’re just getting started!
What is Truecaller?
Truecaller is an app to help you identify unknown calls and block spam and unwanted calls. It is the largest telephone mobile community. Truecaller saves you time, gives you peace of mind, and even instills a sense of safety and security simply by showing you information about those you communicate with.
Truecaller even shows when your friends are busy or free to talk. It’s what they believe marks a revolution in how you make calls on your phone.
The most important part of your phone—the calls you make—hasn’t evolved since the launch of the smartphone. That’s why they’re replacing your phone app today to change the way you make calls.
With this version of Truecaller, they refined every aspect to make it more useful than ever before. The dial pad allows you to make calls quickly by identifying who you are about to call. A smarter call history adds trusted information, putting names and faces to unknown numbers.
Why Should I Use Truecaller?
Today, many smartphone users are using Truecaller to trace out a lot of spam calls. So, do you ever wonder how Truecaller actually works? You also enjoy other features like:
- Smart Dialer: When you type in a number, Truecaller will identify it even if it’s not saved in your phonebook.
- Truecaller Voice: Free internet-based calling even on a low internet connection.
- Identify callers offline (without the net): This actually means a user can use the app to view a huge range of callers without any internet connection.
- A call log with names: By using Truecaller as a phone app, your call log will show your call history.
- Convenient and user-friendly: The true caller app is very easy and straightforward to navigate. Consequently, it offers users the potential to access it without difficulties.
- Share contact: You can use this feature to identify who the caller is.
- Share sheet: This is a quick way to identify the caller if you’re just seeing the number in your call history section.
- Welcome wizard! It gives you a basic introduction to how you can protect yourself from spam calls and spam SMS messages.
- Block unwanted calls: Users can truly use the app to block callers that they don’t want. Also to block SMS that intends to spam the user’s device.
- Increase your self-belief in answering calls: Because of the reality that the user now has his or her caller’s information on an incoming call. The user is now confident enough to select up any calls with the caller’s details.
- Allowing notifications: Before the call connects, it’ll immediately show you a message showing who is actually calling. If it is a spam call, you will have a good idea.
Of course, all these features sometimes work or fail. If you’re experiencing such bugs, you can use them within the application, or you can contact the developers and let them know what bug you’re facing so they can be able to fix it quickly with another update in the upcoming days.
How to Install and Set Up Truecaller on Android
Truecaller will let you know about the incoming calls from whoever is calling on your mobile. If you would like to know their name, at least Truecaller will facilitate. In this case, all the messages and all the benefits are replicable through the Truecaller app.
- Go to your Google Play Store to download the app.
- Install the Truecaller app and open it.
- It brings you to a new page where the TrueCaller will ask for several details on how to get into the app. This includes selecting your language, knowing who is calling before you get started, setting Truecaller as your default phone app and ID spam app, granting permissions, and entering your phone number.
- After that, agree and continue. And your mobile app will get a call from Truecaller. Then click on success.
- After that, create your profile.
Henceforth, your mobile is on Truecaller, and you’ll be receiving all the calls and their names now and onward.
How to Install and Set Up Truecaller on iPhone
It’s a good time to be an iPhone user. Truecaller has expanded the caller ID so you can identify more numbers and has also expanded SMS filtering.
Here’s what you need to know about the recent update for iPhone and what you need to do to set up these features. Truecaller enables multiple call directions to expand the number of spam numbers that are identified for you. You are now able to identify more numbers, especially spammers. To use this, enable each of these directions in your phone settings.
- Open the App Store.
- Search for Truecaller.
- Click on ”Get.
- Then go to the settings app on the iPhone.
- Go to Phone and tap on “Call blocking and identification.”
- From here, you need to turn on all your options for Truecaller to get the best coverage.
- Also, make sure to update your spam coverage here to stay protected.
- To turn on the spam SMA filter, open “settings,” tap on “messages,” tap on “unknown and spam,” and tap Truecaller.
Caller ID works differently on iPhones than it does on Android. On Android, the app works together by integrating with the default phone app. However, on iOS, only the phone app can control the caller ID.
How to Search for a Number on Truecaller
Did you receive a text message or call from a number that is not in your phonebook and you wish to know the name behind that number? This is where Truecaller comes into play. Truecaller allows its users to search for numbers, names, and more. In the meantime, there are different ways a user can search for a number on Truecaller;
Using the Search Bar
- Launch the Truecaller app on your mobile device.
- You will see a search bar at the top of the homepage.
- Click on it.
- Enter the number you’d like to search for in the search field.
- Then click on the search icon.
- Immediately, you will see the name associated with that number.
Using the Camera Lookup
- Click on the search bar.
- Then tap the camera icon in the top-right corner.
- Now point your camera at any phone number to search in Truecaller.
- The camera lookup will then search for the name associated with the number.
- There you have it!
From Copy Clipboard [iOS only]
- First of all, copy the number from your call log.
- Launch the Truecaller app.
- A prompt will then appear asking if you want to search for the number you copied.
- Click ‘’Yes.’’
- In a few seconds, you will see the name associated with that number.
You can search for a number on Truecaller using any of the methods mentioned above. Above all, you can also search for people by name on the Truecaller app, but you must be a premium subscriber.
How to Make a Ghost call on Truecaller
We often find ourselves in situations where we only want someone to bail us out. That’s where the Ghost feature comes in. Ghost Call allows you to fake a call within Truecaller. The settings for the call are in your hands. You can choose the caller’s name and picture and also schedule a time for the call.
If you’re a Premium user, then you can use the feature right away in three simple steps.
- Step 1: Open the Premium tab on the home page and scroll down to the Ghost Call setting option.
- Step 2: Set a name and number that you would like to appear on the screen along with the time. You can also choose an existing contact in your phone book using the Pick a contact option.
- Step 3: Once done setting up the call details, press schedule call. At the set time, your phone will ring and show the usual calling screen on your phone. After that, it’s up to you how you make the most of this opportunity! The conversation-making bits will be all yours.
There are many occasions when this feature can be put to the best use. It could be to protect yourself, escape a boring situation, or for fun as well! Use it wisely.
Is Truecaller Free?
By default, you can send messages and call friends and family on Truecaller without paying a dime. But to enjoy additional features like incognito mode, advanced spam blocking, zero ads, and seeing who viewed your profile, you must opt for its premium service.
Is Truecaller Premium Worth It?
From my subjective view, I think it’s not really worth the hype. This is because the main reason the app was designed was to let you know who was calling you, which is present in the free version. The free version also has a spam protection feature for blocking top spammers, hidden numbers, numbers from foreign countries, and numbers that are not in a user’s phonebook.
The only remarkable feature in the premium version is the Ghost Call feature, which everybody doesn’t really need. There are other features like Who viewed your profile, Who searched for me, and the premium badge that users can opt for but aren’t really important as far as I’m concerned.
I’m however not stopping you from opting for the premium plan, but what I’m saying in essence is that if what you only need Truecaller for is to check a caller’s ID and block spammers, then you don’t really need the premium version.