How can I sign in to my Snapchat account online or can I login via the Snapchat app? Undoubtedly, Snapchat ranks as one of the most used social media platforms among teenagers and young adults in the world. It is used by several young people across the globe due to the way it works. Ninety percent of every teenager loves taking pictures and with Snapchat, they add a little flair to their snaps.
Apart from taking pictures, you can also message chat with other users on Snapchat. But to do all of these, you need to sign in to your Snapchat account. Snapchat login is a prerequisite for every Snapchat user who wishes to access his/her Snapchat account. When you sign in to your Snapchat account, you can communicate with your friends either with snaps or texts.
Thus, it could be said the Snapchat login allows you to manage your Snapchat account. Therefore, if you are yet to create a Snapchat account, you cannot log in to Snapchat either on the web or the app. After you’ve signed up with Snapchat, you will be provided with a Snapchat login ID. This login ID serves as a key to access your Snapchat account anytime you want to access it.
Snapchat Sign In
In the meantime, you can Sign In to your Snapchat account in two different ways. You can log in to Snapchat via the web and you can also log in on the Snapchat app. As stated earlier, Snapchat gives you full access to your Snapchat account. When you sign in to your account, you can view other people’s stories and also replay them as well. You can also create your own stories and also share them for other users to view. Hence, we’ll be showing a step-by-step guide on how to sign in to your Snapchat account on the web and via the app.
Snapchat Login on Computer
However, you can only sign in to Snapchat on your computer using your web browser. To login Snapchat on your computer;
- Visit the Snapchat login page using your web browser.
- Once on that page, you will have two empty fields provided for you. You are to input your login details into these blank spaces.
- First, enter your username or email in the first field.
- After that, input your password in the second field.
- Lastly, tap the “Log In” button to sign in to your account.
If your login details are correct, you will be signed in at once to your account. Meanwhile, you should avoid using VPN while logging in to Snapchat. This is because you may have issues while trying to log in.
Snapchat Sign in Via the App
Likewise, the Snapchat login process can also be done on mobile devices. Although Snapchat allows users to sign in to their account on their phone using a web browser, it is advisable to sign in via the app.
When you sign in via the app, you will be automatically logged in. So anytime you want to access your account, you don’t have to keep entering your login credentials over and over. Snapchat login via the app can be done on both Android and iOS devices. To sign in via the app;
- First, download the Snapchat app on Google Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS.
- Search for Snapchat using the search bar.
- Then click the Install or Get button.
- Once the app is installed on your device, launch it, then tap the Log In button.
On the login page enter your username or email and password on their respective fields. Then click on Login after you’ve done that. Snapchat will then sign in to your account and from there, you can start chatting with friends. But note that when you login via the app, you don’t need to log in again to next time you want to access your account.
Forgot Snapchat Password
However, there may be instances in which you may be unable to sign in to your Snapchat account. One of the major reasons for Snapchat sign-in problems is an incorrect password. If you input the wrong password, you’ll definitely have issues accessing your account. Also, if you entered the wrong password, you will see an error message displaying ‘’User Not Found’’. If you forgot your password, you can recover your account using the simple steps below;
- Visit the Snapchat login page on your device.
- Click on ‘’Forgot Password’’
- Then choose how you would like to reset the password – Phone number or email address.
- Let’s assume you want to reset it using email. Enter your email address and click Submit.
- You will get a password reset link via email.
- Click on the link and use it to set up a new password for your account.
While creating a new password, your password must be at least eight characters in length and it must not contain your name, username, and any other personal information.