Are you searching for a platform that enables you to talk to friends and family using voice, videos, SMS, or instant messages all for free? Then, you should check out Skype today. What is Skype? Skype is a VoIP service that enables you to make and receive free video calls and voice calls and also send instant messages. Skype is a Microsoft product that is available for mobile, Mac, Linux, and Windows users and can also be accessed via your web browser. It is one of the best and exclusives software that allows you to connect with different people across the world for free.
According to research and statistics, Skype has over 300 million active users from different parts of the world. Millions of individuals and businesses use Skype to make free video and voice one on one and group calls, share files with others, and send instant messages. You can easily meet and connect with people that matter most to you using this platform. It doesn’t even matter where you are, whether you are working from home or you’re looking for ways to chat with others. With skype you can make both national and international calls that don’t cost anything extra.
Features of Skype
One of the most notable and outstanding things about skype is the fact that it is rich with a lot of features and it keeps innovating. It provides you with exclusive features and you will get the best experience from Skype. Below are some of the Features of Skype;
- It provides you with a crystal-clear Audio and HD Video call
- You can record your calls and also read subtitle of words spoken in other language
- Send Instant Messages
- It allows you reach friends in other countries with affordable international calling rates
- You can easily share presentations, photos or anything on your screen with the skype integrated Scree sharing feature
- You can have a private conversation on skype as it provides you with end-to-end encryption.
Another notable feature of Skype is that it is available on your phone, Desktops, Tablet, web, Alexa, and Xbox. And you can enjoy all its features using all of the devices. Meanwhile, Skype also has a premium plan which provides you with additional exclusive features.
Skype provides you with a variety of Services/products for your personal, business, and creative needs. You will get the best when you make use of Skype products. Meanwhile, below are some of Skype Services;
- Meet Now: This service allows you to connect with people no matter the distance. You don’t need to sign up or download skype before you can enjoy this service. All you need do is to generate a unique link using the Skype web and share your link with up to 99 people and enjoy free videos calls up to 24 hours each.
- Skype Manger: If you run a business or manage a company, you can make use of the Skype manager to allocate credits and also control features which are available for the members of your group.
- Skype With Alexa: It is now available on Alexa, a digital assistant that comes with Amazon echo devices. You can use Alexa to call your friends and family on skype or call mobiles and landlines in up to 150 regions and countries worldwide.
- Skype For Content Creator: As a content creator, you can make use of Skype. It helps you to seamlessly integrate incoming Skype calls into your podcast and contents.
- Skype for Business: It provides you all the necessary tools you will need for your business. this service allows you to easily collaborate and connect with your business partners and coworkers around the world. If you have the Microsoft 365 on your application you will need to install the Skype for business to enjoy all has to offer.
You can download the Skype App on your Desktop and Mobile device for free. For desktops users, it is available on your Mac, Linux, and Windows (Window 10). And For mobile users, you can download it on your Tablet, iPhone, and Android devices. You can also Make use of the Skype Web online if you don’t want to download the App on your device. Meanwhile, steps and guidelines on how to download the Skype app on your mobile or desktop device will be provided below.
Skype Download for Android and iPhone
- Visit your App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for the Skype App using the Search bar
- Click on it when found
- Hit on the Install or Get button
- Launch and open the App
- Open your web browser
- Visit the official website of Skype
- Click on the Download feature at the top of the homepage
- Tap on the Get Skype for windows
- Then, select Get Skype for mac and click on it
- Install, Launch and open the App
- Open your Linux web browser
- Visit the Skype web site or click the URL above
- Tap on the Download feature at top of the homepage
- Click on Get Skype for windows
- From the options provided, select your Linux version and tap on it
- Then, Install, Launch and open the App on your Linux
For Windows 10
- Open your window 10 web browser
- Go to the official website or click on the URL above
- Tap on download at the official homepage of Skype
- Click on Get Skype for Windows
- Select Skype for window 10 and click on it
After that launch, install, and allow the App run on your Windows 10. For other Windows versions like Windows 7, you can easily access Skype online by visiting the Skype official website.