How do I apply for nurse aide jobs in the UK? Nurse aides or healthcare assistants are currently in high demand in the United Kingdom. Families, healthcare centers, and hospitals are searching for competent and skilled healthcare assistants in the UK. More than 110,192 nurse aides are needed in the United Kingdom.
To fill up these vacancies, healthcare centers in the UK are hiring foreigners from across the world. However, an applicant must follow the job application process step-by-step. But not to worry, this article will show you the step-by-step method. On how to find and apply for nurse aide jobs in the United Kingdom.
Who is a Nurse Aide?
A nurse aide, or healthcare assistant, is a person tasked with the duties of assisting people of all ages to recover from a chronic illness or surgery. In addition, they work with professional nurses in the supervision and care of patients. They also play the role of monitoring patients and ensuring they take their medications on time.
You can find nurse aides in nursing homes, home care, assisted living centers, hospitals, correctional institutions, and other similar settings. The duties and responsibilities of nurse aides will be stated in the next outline.
Nurse Aides’ Duties in the United Kingdom
The duties and responsibilities of nurse aide workers in the UK are so many based on their training and experience. Aside from assisting patients in hospital recovery, they also perform the following duties:
- Bathing and dressing sick patients.
- Prepare and serve meals to patients.
- Maintain clients’ emotional, physical, and mental stability at all times.
- Record and keep a report on each patient.
- Ensure your client takes their medication at the right time.
- Assisting registered nurses and physicians during emergencies.
Aside from the above duties, you might be tasked with other minor duties depending on your employer. However, the above-listed ones are some of the more common duties of nurse aides.
How Much Do Nurse Aides Earn?
A nurse’s aide can earn up to £23,524 per year, or £12.06 per hour. However, your qualifications and years of experience can determine how much you can earn. In the UK, an experienced nurse assistant can earn up to £44,732 a year. An entry-level applicant can earn £21,094 per year.
Qualifications Required to Apply for Nursing Assistant Jobs in the UK
Just like every other profession, there are requirements needed to apply for nursing assistant jobs in the United Kingdom. Your application might be rejected by the firm if you do not meet the requirements. The requirements and qualifications needed to secure a health assistant job in the UK include;
- Bachelor’s Degree, Diploma, or Associate in Nursing.
- At least one or two years of experience in nursing.
- Excellent communication and organizational abilities.
- A medical examination and drug test results are required.
- Proficiency in English Language.
- Valid passport and ID.
- Excellent time management.
- Legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom.
Every foreign nurse must meet the above-listed requirements to apply for nurse aide jobs in the UK. Other requirements will be stated in the job description section.
How to Apply for Nurse Aide Jobs in the UK
Applying for nurse aide jobs in the United States can be time-consuming and even tasking, especially for new users. However, with the right documents and credentials, you can start your application process online. And this can be done in the comfort of your home. You can search for jobs online on websites such as Indeed.com, Glassdoor, LinkedIn, Totaljobs, etc.
- Go to the official website of Glassdoor.com using your web browser.
- Search for nurse aide jobs in the United Kingdom using the search bar.
- Find a job offer from the options provided.
- Hit the Apply icon once you find a favorable job offer.
- Upload your CV or resume and then follow the prompts.
Once your application is approved, wait for it to be approved. Visit the UK Embassy or Consulate in your country to start your visa application process. Note: You will need a work permit and a visa to work and travel in the United Kingdom.
Companies Hiring Nurse Aide Workers in the UK
Some of the most popular companies in the UK hiring foreign nurse aide workers include:
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust
- Nutrix Personnel
- Leaders in Care Recruitment
- Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board
- The New Foscote Hospital
- Sanctuary Health
- Day Webster Recruitment
You can visit any of the above-listed companies’ official websites to start your application process. However, make sure to do research on the above-listed companies before applying.