If you are searching for a card that offers lots of perks, then the Nordstrom credit card is an ideal choice for you. This credit card doubles the points earned by non-cardholding, loyal Nordy Club members.
If you are a loyal customer of Nordstrom department stores and you frequently make purchases with their retailers, you might want to consider this credit card. It offers several types of cards.
However, the card that you get will be based on your credit score. Nordstrom credit card offers 3 points per dollar for every $5,000 spent yearly at Nordstrom. In addition to this, there is also a welcome bonus when you sign up for an account and make a purchase the same day you open the account.
Like several store credit cards, Nordstrom cards can be used for purchases in Nordstrom department stores. Nordstrom also provides a Visa card that can be used anywhere in the world that Visa is accepted.
How the Nordstrom Credit Card Works
Nordstrom, like other large retail stores, has a rewards program and a store credit card. It offers two branded credit cards for shoppers, a Visa credit card that can be used anywhere and a retail credit card that can be used to shop at Nordstrom department stores.
Shoppers who don’t want the credit card can opt for a Nordstrom debit card that offers perks but debits the cardholder’s account. The Nordstrom credit card offers rewards.
The card offers a $60 bonus for purchases and two points per dollar spent at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Trunk Club, Nordstrom Rack, online stores, HauteLook, and in-stores.
The Visa credit card also has extra perks such as one point per dollar spent any place a Visa card is accepted, no foreign transaction fee, and contactless payment.
Features of the Nordstrom Credit Card
The Nordstrom credit card is issued by TD Bank. It offers quite a lot to its members and cardholders. If you are interested in getting this credit card, here are the features:
- No annual fee
- No balance transfer fee
- Regular APR: 18.90%–25.90% variable
- No purchase intro APR
- No Balance Transfer Intro APR
- Either $10 or 5% of the amount of the cash advance
- No foreign transaction fees
Nordstrom credit cards might not be the ideal credit cards out there when compared to other cards. But it offers enough rewards and perks which makes it worthwhile.
Benefits of the Nordstrom Card
Several perks come with owning a Nordstrom credit card. You not only get 2 points for every dollar spent, but you also get some rewards that you can use later. Here are the other benefits of this credit card:
- Free two-day shipping: If you live within the 20 selected metro areas, you can enjoy free shipping within two business days.
- Double point days: You can receive three personal days of your choice to double the points that you have earned while spending
- No Nordstrom Trunk Club styling fee: Members can receive personalized styles delivered right to their doorstep.
- Increased Nordstrom access: Cardholders can shop select brands, get early access to the anniversary sale, and clear the rack.
- Free Alternations: Be eligible for free basic alternations and earn up to $200 in Nordstrom notes.
- Unlimited Free Alternations: Free alternations on full-priced items
- Dining or Spa Experience: Cardholders can enjoy a free meal for themselves and three other guests or have a nice experience at the Nordstrom spa for two people.
These are the perks that Nordstrom cardholders get to enjoy.
For every purchase made at the Nordstrom department store, you can earn points. Base points are earned per dollar spent online or in-store. Some exclusions include products and services that are not qualified to earn points.
In most cases, bonus points are given for special occasions. The number of points earned depends on the method of payment and yearly spending.
All members of Nordstrom start at the influencer level and earn 2 points for every dollar spent to earn bonus points. Card members who have to attain ambassador or icon status will earn a minimum of 3 points per dollar.
If you do not pay with your Nordstrom card, you can still earn one point per dollar as long as you provide your mobile number at the checkout.
If you apply for the Nordstrom credit card and make a purchase the same day, you will earn an extra welcome bonus to be used on your future purchases. However, this offer is only available to new cardholders. In addition, if you qualify for this card, you will earn one point per dollar spent on purchases.
How to Redeem Rewards
The rewards earned are automatically added to your account in the form of a Nordstrom note once you have enough points. At the influencer level, you will earn $10 for every 1,000 points.
Once you also reach the ambassador level, you will also earn a $20 Nordstrom note for every 2,000 points. To earn rewards fast, you can make use of the Nordstrom app. This will allow you to redeem your points faster.
Furthermore, Nordstrom notes can be redeemed towards all purchases made at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Trunk Club, and Nordstrom Rack. You can also apply your Nordstrom note at the checkout when you are shopping online and also request the salesperson to check it on your account.
What Credit Score Is Needed for Nordstrom Credit Card?
Nordstrom doesn’t publish its required credit score for its potential cardholders. However, before you can be eligible for any Nordstrom card, you need to have a good credit score. An example of a good credit score is 580 to 669.
How to Apply for a Nordstrom Credit Card Online
If you want to apply for the Nordstrom credit card, you need a good credit score and proof that you are financially stable. Then, the next step is to apply for the card. The application process is straightforward. Follow the steps below to apply:
- First of all, open your web browser and visit Nordstrom’s official website.
- Tap the first link on the page.
- On the homepage, tap the Apply Now button.
- You will be directed to another page.
- Tap the “Apply Now” button located at the right-hand side of the page.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Tap on “Continue”
- Enter your first name, last name, and email address.
- Tap on “continue”.
- Then provide your account number.
- A verification code will be sent to you.
- Lastly, enter the verification code and click on “Continue.”
Once you are approved for the credit card, you will automatically become a Nordstrom member.
Nordstrom Card Login
After getting a credit card from Nordstrom and signing up for online access, you have the privilege to do a lot of things online. Amongst other things, you have the opportunity to check your rewards, pay bills, and check your rewards. But in order to do these, you have to complete a Nordstrom card login. Follow the guidelines below to login to your account.
- Visit the Nordstrom card login page on your device’s browser.
- You will see the login page on the left side of the page.
- Enter your username and password in their respective fields.
- After that, click on the “Sign in” button.
If your login details are correct, you will access your credit card account within a few seconds, and you can do anything you want on your account.
How to Activate Your Card
If you aren’t new to applying for credit cards, you will know that before you can use any credit card to make any purchase, you need to activate it first. The Nordstrom card isn’t an exception. After getting your Nordstrom card, you need to activate it online before making purchases on the go. The below step-by-step guidelines will show you how to do that:
- Visit https://www.nordstromcard.com/login in your web browser.
- Click on the “Activate New Card” link button at the top right.
- This then takes you to the card activation page.
- Proceed to activate your card by entering your last name, date of birth, phone number, and the last 4 digits of your card number.
- Then click on the “Activate” button to activate your card.
However, know that the activation of a new card will cause your old cards to deactivate. But if you use Nordstrom Auto Pay to pay bills, you don’t need to bother about activating your card, as your current settings will automatically apply to your new card.
Is the Card Worthwhile?
The Nordstrom credit card is very useful for people who shop frequently at one of Nordstrom’s shops. However, the general credit card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, and it offers great perks.
Nordstrom Credit Card Payment
One of the easiest ways to pay for your Nordstrom credit card is online. Once you have the Nordstrom account, you can pay for your credit card through the account.