The military star credit card managed by the Army and Air Force Exchange Service [AAFES] is a private label line of credit issued by the Exchange Credit Program [ECP]. Military personnel and their families, qualified, authorized veterans can apply for the military star card. The military star credit card is exclusively available to veterans, military personnel, and their families who have military exchange access. The military star card can be used at;
- Marine corps exchange [MCX].
- Coast guard exchange [CGX].
- Army and air force exchange service [AAFES].
- Navy exchange [NEX].
- Post exchange [PX]
- Base exchange [BX]
- Armed forces recreation center resort hotels.
- Uniform shops
- On-base Boingo Wi-Fi service subscription.
- Army lodging morale, welfare, and recreation.
- Gas stations.
- Armed forces network equipment [required to rent].
- Some on-base mini-mall retailers.
- Class six stores.
However, you can make use of the credit card online at the exchange website and at the exchanges of all branch services. Meanwhile, the exchange service program [ECP] is funded and regulated by the Army and Air Force Exchange Service [AAFES], a division of the department of defense. Moreover, the program was founded by Congress in the year 1979 to guard service members from unscrupulous lending practices. And providing responsible credit solutions to patrons continues to be an essential mission for the program today.
How Military Star Credit Card Works
Furthermore, the military star credit card is a great choice for active-duty military personnel as it does not only help service members. But family members are qualified as well through low-interest rates, exclusive discounts, rewards points, and other promotional offers. For every 2,000 points amassed or gathered, automatically, you’ll earn a $20 military star rewards card which can be redeemed for services or merchandise anywhere an exchange gift card is accepted.
Also, there is no limit on how many cards you can earn per year. You can earn two points for every dollar you spend shopping for armed forces recreation centers and resort hotels and exchange facilities including online at shopmyexchange.com. Likewise, you can earn points at express locations, army & air force exchange service food courts, mall vendors, and more.
In addition, the military star reward program is provided by the exchange credit program. All customers registered in the military star rewards program are entitled to get two points for every $1 on qualifying purchases at every military exchange and other participating locations. After earning 2,000 points, you will get a $20 rewards card. Points earned are calculated on the last amount charged to the military star account.
However, from your available points, the returns will be deducted even if you have already gotten a rewards card and may result in a negative points balance. Rewards cards and points have no monetary value and you can’t use them for payment on any account. Besides, the military star credit card offers you an introductory bonus of 10% discount for purchases within 24 hours of receiving your card. It also has a penalty APR of 18.24% variable as well as a returned payment fee of $25.
Benefits of Military Star Card
However, the military star credit card and its amazing benefits are exclusively available to military personnel and their families. This line of credit is created to help you with your financial needs. It comes with great perks that can make your day any day and anytime.
- No annual fees, over-limit, or late fees.
- It has a relatively low APR no matter your credit score.
- Ten percent food court discount every day.
- With your card, you’ll get free standard shipping on mynavyexchange.com and shopmyexchange.com.
- It offers a $1,000 interest-free military clothing plan.
- There is no back interest when 0% of promotions expire.
- Cardholders enjoy exclusive savings.
- Military star card is accepted at all commissaries.
- There is no interest in military clothing.
- On all purchases, you’ll earn 2X per dollar.
- You’ll get a five-cent per gallon fuel discount at military gas.
With your AAFES military star card, you can enjoy these arrays of benefits.
Military Star Credit Card Application
Applying for the military star credit card is very easy. To apply, you can visit the exchange credit program website or by calling the number listed on the military star card website. However, you can also apply at the military base. Hence, you can follow the guidelines below to apply;
- Visit the My Exchange Credit Program Website.
- On the homepage, scroll down a little and click on the Apply Now button.
- On the next page, read the agency disclosure notice, privacy act statement, and instructions before completing your application form.
- After reading it, click on the Continue button beneath the page.
- Enter your personal information which includes your SSN, middle initial, suffix, first name, last name, and date of birth.
- Then enter your street name, Apt# or suite#, city, state, zip code, and period of time used at present address.
- Enter the string as shown above into the box below.
- Click on the “I Agree” button.
- Lastly, click on the continue button.
However, with these simple steps, you can easily apply for the card if you meet the eligibility requirements.
Military Star Card Login
Are you thinking of how to login to your military star card account? You can do that by following the guidelines below;
- Visit the military star website using the link above.
- On the homepage, you will see the login page.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Click on remember user ID to remember your details.
- Finally, click on the login button.
In conclusion, the military star credit card has been made for a long time for military personnel and their families. And at every military exchange and commissary globally you can make use of the Credit Card.