No one wants to lose their furry little friend due to an unplanned accident or other illness, which is why it is important to get an insurance policy for your pet to cover the vet fees and other treatment costs. That is why MetLife has dedicated its time to providing the best-tailored pet insurance policy for pet owners.
They offer comprehensive plans and robust coverage for dogs and cats of all breeds and ages. MetLife Pet Insurance has its policyholder’s interests in mind by offering passionate and caring advocates for pets. This pet insurance company offers plans with annual perks, no age limit for pets of all ages, and chronic care coverage.
MetLife Pet Insurance allows policyholders to customize their deductible and reimbursement rates to be able to meet their budget and their pet’s needs. On the official website, policyholders can get a quote and personalize their pet’s health plan to suit their pet.
How MetLife Pet Insurance Works
MetLife Pet Insurance isn’t hard to comprehend. They offer the best-tailored pet insurance policy to suit the policyholder’s budget and pet’s needs. After purchasing a pet insurance policy from MetLife, your pet’s vet fees and treatment for other illnesses are also covered.
After purchasing a MetLife pet insurance policy, you can visit any clinic or vet in the United States, and your policy willcover the fees. However, you need to send a claim to MetLife after paying your vet fees. Endeavor to bring along an invoice and vet records from your last visit to the vet.
Furthermore, MetLife will look into it for any other information after filing a claim. The claims filed will be processed in less than 14 days.
Why Do I Need Pet Insurance?
Getting an insurance policy for your pets is very important because they play a vital role in our lives. So, it is important to keep them healthy and safe. Plus, the cost of vet fees tends to be on the high side, but with a pet insurance policy, the fee is covered.
Why Should I Choose MetLife Pet Insurance?
MetLife Pet Insurance gives pet owners peace of mind with its affordable and comprehensive coverage. With all these, your pets can get the adequate care they require to help them live a healthy and long life. Here are some reasons you might consider MetLife Pet Insurance:
- MetLife is the only provider that provides family plans that cover several pets on one policy.
- With MetLife pet insurance, policyholders can use a vet anywhere in the United States.
- There is no need for exams or vet records to enroll.
- MetLife offers options to choose from different levels of coverage with no upper age limits and breed exclusions.
- The enrollment is stress-free and the claims are very easy to file.
- The MetLife waiting period for illness and accident coverage is very short.
- Many claims are processed in 10 days.
- There are trusted partners with over 100 years of experience.
- MetLife provides passionate and caring pet advocates.
Types Of MetLife Pet Insurance
MetLife offers two types of insurance for your pet along with other exclusion coverages. The pet insurance policy offered by MetLife provides coverage for chronic care with no limits for pet age. Policyholders can personalize their deductible and reimbursement rates so that they suit your budget and pet needs. Here is the type of pet insurance MetLife offers:
MetLife offers pet insurance for your dogs, and pet owners can rest easy knowing that their puppies and dogs are covered by MetLife Pet Insurance. All ages and breeds of dogs are covered. Protecting your dog with a pet insurance policy is a smart move. By getting a pet insurance policy for your pet, you can cut the cost of vet fees in half.
As usual, dog owners spend up to $900 to $2,600 annually on vet care and medications. However, emergency vet visits are not included. By getting pet insurance, pet owners can save a lot and offer peace of mind that they can afford proper care for their pets at the time they are needed the most.
How Much Does Dog Insurance Cost?
MetLife provides customizable insurance policies for every budget. MetLife offers pet insurance for as low as $15 per month.
Types of Dog Insurance
- Puppy Insurance: New puppies might face unforeseen veterinary bills. But with dog insurance from MetLife Pet Insurance, you can cover the cost and protect your pets.
- Dog Insurance: Pet owners need to get prepared for any illness or accident that might threaten their dog’s life by getting dog insurance from MetLife.
- Senior Dog Insurance: Older dogs tend to face some illnesses such as heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis. But a dog insurance policy from MetLife will cover the vet’s fees for treatment.
Here is what dog insurance covers:
- Bite wounds: $491 per visit
- Pancreatitis: $688 per visit
- Fractures: $711 per visit
- Poisoning: $$684 per visit
- Parvo: $1,109 per visit
- Distemper:$179 per visit
- Diarrhea:$203 per visit
- Lacerations: $397 per visit
- Patella luxation: $409 per visit
- Foreign body ingestion: $1,060 per visit
When you get a pet insurance policy for your cats from MetLife, you can rest assured that your kittens and cats of all breeds and ages are protected. Cat medical care can cost a lot, which is why many pet owners opt for coverage for their cats. An emergency visit to the vet for cat owners can cost from $200 to $1,500 per visit. However, medications and routine care are not included.
How Much Is Cat Insurance?
MetLife provides several affordable insurance plans for cats of all breeds and ages. The insurance plans are customizable and comprehensive. The policy could cost as little as $9 per month. Policyholders can choose a deductible, reimbursement rate, and coverage that suits their budget so that they can afford the coverage that suits their cat’s needs.
Types of Cat Insurance Policies
- Kitten Insurance: It is natural for your little kittens to get into trouble. Cat insurance might be a smart move for your little kitten.
- Cat Insurance: Illness and injuries come to your cats unexpectedly, and the only way to protect them is through a cat insurance policy.
- Senior Cat Insurance: Cats that are getting older may face illness and certain injuries. Fortunately, MetLife insurance offers insurance for cats of all ages.
Here is what is covered in the cat insurance policy:
- Asthma: $303 per visit
- Giardia: $116 per visit
- Foreign body ingestion: $1,060 per visit
- Poisoning: $684
- Bladder stones: $646 per visit
- Pancreatitis: $688 per visit
- Upper respiratory infection: $219 per visit
- Vehicular trauma: $933 per visit
- Urinary tract infection: $295 per visit
- Abscesses: $322
- Dietary indiscretion: $351 per visit
What is Covered in MetLife Pet Insurance?
MetLife offers lots of coverage for their pet insurance policy. Some of these include:
- Emergency Care
- Exam Fees
- Pet food and special diet
- Diagnostic Test
- Cruciate Ligaments
- Illness which includes chronic conditions, hereditary and congenital conditions
- Holistic care and alternative therapies
- Anterior cruciate ligament
- Optional preventive care coverage
- Intervertebral Disc diseases
- Medical cruciate ligament
- Parasite prevention and parasite treatment
- Cranial cruciate ligament
And many more. These are what’s covered in MetLife’s pet insurance policy.
What is Not Covered in MetLife Pet Insurance?
The MetLife pet insurance policy doesn’t cover the following:
- Vitamins, mineral supplements
- Grooming cost and bathing
- Elective procedure
- Breeding or conditions related to breeding
- Elective procedures
- Organ transplant
- Injury or illness that arises out of commercial guarding, racing, organized fighting, or coursing.
The aforementioned not covered in MetLife’s pet insurance policy.
How to Get a Pet Insurance Quote on MetLife
Pet owners who want to get a quote for MetLife Pet Insurance can get a quote on the official website. If you want a quote, you can follow the procedures below:
- Open your web browser and visit the official website at metlifepetinsurance.com.
- On the homepage, scroll down and select the coverage you want
- Tap ”FETCH YOUR QUOTE.”
- Select your pet species.
- Choose your pet’s gender.
- Enter your pet’s information.
- Choose your pet’s breed.
- Enter your email address and zip code.
- Tap the Next Quote button.
- On the next page, enter your phone number.
- Choose the plan you want, or you can customize the plan.
- Tap Checkout.
- Enter your contact information, such as name, address, zip code, and phone number.
- Click the payment button.
- On the next page, enter your credit card information.
- Tap Confirm Payment.
- Check your insurance policy.
- Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap the Purchase button.
After following the steps closely, you have successfully purchased an insurance policy for your pets.
How to Open an Account on MetLife
Having a MetLife account is beneficial because you can track your pet’s health and wellness and have access to your pet insurance policy. Follow the procedures below to open an account:
- Open your web browser and visit metlifepetinsurance.com.
- On the homepage, tap the MYPETS LOGIN
- This takes you to a new page.
- Tap on “Register Your Account.”
- Enter your email
- Tap the Register button.
There you have it! Your MetLife account has been created.
How To Login to Your MetLife Account
If you have a MetLife account and you are wondering how to login, you can follow the procedure below:
- Open your web browser and visit the official page of MetLife pet insurance.
- On the homepage, tap the MYPETS LOGIN.
- This takes you to a new page.
- Tap Log In.
- Enter your username and password.
- Tap the Login button.
After following the steps listed above, you will be taken to your account.
How to File a Claim
If your pet has just recently visited the vet for an illness or injury, you can file a claim on Metpetlifeinsurance.com to get your money back. However, you need to provide some important documents for your claims to be processed on time. You will need:
- Completed and signed claim form
- Itemized invoice from the incident
- Veterinary medical records from the incident
If you are worried that you might forget something, you can download the claims and view them as a PDF to be aware of the submission information. You must submit all the documents and claims within 90 days of the invoice date. Policyholders can submit their claims in various ways, such as through the mobile app, fax, MetLife portal, or email.
MetLife Pet Insurance Waiting Period
MetLife provides some of the shortest waiting periods for illness and accident coverage. The day that you purchase the accident coverage policy is the day the coverage begins. However, the illness coverage begins after 14 days of the policy’s purchase.
Furthermore, there is a six-month waiting period for intervertebral disc disease and cruciate ligament issues for policies that are underwritten by a United States insurance company. Also, there isn’t a six-month waiting period for metropolitan general insurance companies.
MetLife Pet Insurance Cost
At MetLife, the annual deductible ranges from $50-$2,500, and the reimbursement levels range from 70% to 100%. The annual coverage limits also start at $500 and above, with no lifetime benefits. Policyholders can also customize the details when they choose the policy.
However, the policy is affected by certain factors such as your pet’s age, breed, location, and others that will all affect the price of monthly premiums. The level of annual coverage you select also impacts the cost of the monthly premium.
MetLife Pet Insurance Customer Service
If you are having trouble with your pet insurance or you need help with the insurance policy, you can contact MetLife customer support service. On the official website, you will find the customer service number, which you can call to make a report. Alternatively, you can mail them to the address provided or send an email to email@example.com.
Is Pet Insurance Worth It?
Yes, it is. It is a smart move to buy an insurance policy for your pet to protect them against any illness or injury that could threaten their lives. Vet fees and very expensive but once you have a pet insurance policy for your pets, you can file a claim to get your money for the vet fees. Policyholders can also tailor their deductible and reimbursement rates to fit their needs.
Are There Any Discounts?
MetLife has a reward program and offers various benefits and discounts to its policyholders. Here are some of their discounts:
- Affinity group discount
- Employer benefit discount
- Internet purchase discount
- Animal care discount
- Military, veteran, and first responder discount
- Healthcare worker discount
Does MetLife Pet Insurance Have a Mobile App?
Yes, they do. MetLife has a mobile app for policyholders to track their pet’s health and wellness. This app is for MetLife policyholders. It has made pet owners conveniently care for their pet’s health. The app is available on the Google Play store and the Apple App Store.
How Much Pet Insurance Do I Need?
Every individual has their own unique pet needs and MetLife has provided the ability to personalize your coverage. The coverage is flexible and also customizable so that policyholders can select the plan that fits their needs.