Lycos mail is another sensational and fantastic proprietary email service that offers a subscription and unpaid version of email service. The importance of email services cannot be over-emphasized especially in this contemporary time. As an individual or business owner, you can make use of Lycos email service to compose, send, and receive emails to friends, families, and business associates. It is no doubt that those who mostly use email services to communicate use Google mail and Yahoo mail. It may however interest you to know that there are some features that Lycos mail offers you that Gmail and Yahoo mail does not offer you.
When selecting an email service provider, it is advisable to choose the one with a good spam filtering service, huge attachments, and virus protection. Lycos is an email service to select when considering all these. Users can create their own Lycos account today using its domain name @lycos.com. However, you must know that Lycos, the provider of this email service does not only offer email service. Thus, your Lycos mail ID provides you access to other Lycos services which include its web hosting, social networking, and entertainment websites.
Features of Lycos Mail
Just like other email services, Lycos mail also comes with its own amazing and enthralling features. It offers you great new features and more space so that you can get the best out of your email. As stated earlier, Lycos offers you some features that you won’t find on Gmail and Yahoo mail. Some of those features will be highlighted below;
- Domain/Address Blocking.
- It provides you with 5GB storage capacity for your emails. Hence, you don’t have to worry about deleting emails.
- Unlike Google mail and Yahoo mail that has a file attachment limit of 25MB, Lycos allows you to add an attachment file up to 35MB.
- It supports POP3, IMAP, and STMP.
- Strong security protocol with SSL/TLS.
- A virus scanner that helps to prevent your mail inbox from virus and malware.
- Lycos mail is not Ad-supported. With this email service, you can say goodbye to frustrating adverts.
Lycos mail though not the best email service provider, offers fascinating features that an email service ought to have. You can create an account today and start enjoying its amazing services.
Does Lycos Email Have an App?
The answer to that question is NO. Most users of this webmail service are always wanting to know if there is Lycos email has an app for mobile devices. Lycos does not have an app. You can only access it via a web browser on a mobile device or computer. As of now, it is not available on mobile app stores – Google Play and App Store. Hence, if you are looking for an email service with a mobile app, you are enjoined to look elsewhere.
Is Lycos Mail Free?
When Lycos began offering its own email service, it started as a free emailing service. But presently, Lycos is no longer offering users free mail accounts. In other words, Lycos mail is a premium webmail. Therefore, if you wish to create an account, you should expect to pay a subscription-free. In the meantime, Lycos email subscription plans are of three types. They include $4.95 per month, $19.95 per year, and $49.95 per 3 years. You can opt for any of these plans based on how you want to be paying. If you have an account and you are not into any of these plans, you should renew your subscription plan because free email accounts are obliterated after thirty days. And while subscribing, make sure your billing information is correct.
Lycos Mail Sign Up
Grab the opportunity to enjoy everything that Lycos has to offer by creating a Lycos mail account today. Signing up for a Lycos account provides you with a Lycos ID that you can use to login into your account anytime. But before we show you steps on how to create an account, know that you need a valid mobile number to validate your account. To create an account;
- Visit Lycos.com on your device browser.
- Tap on ‘Mail’’ on the homepage.
- Then you’ll be taken to the login page. Since want to create an account, click on the ‘’Sign up’’ link.
- The sign-up page then appears at the center of the screen on the next page.
- Start registering by entering your member name on the first field. Your member name is your name or username backed up with @lycos.com.
- Set up a strong password for your account.
- Enter a recovery email address.
- Verify your humanity and tap ‘’Continue’’.
On the next page, choose your country page, enter your mobile number and click ‘’SEND PIN’’. When you click send, a confirmation code will be sent to that number which allows you to complete the sign-up process. Mind you, you can create up to five email accounts with a mobile number.
Lycos Mail Login
Having created a Lycos mail account, you can sign in to your account on any device via a web browser. Follow the guidelines below to login to your Lycos email account;
- Visit the Lycos Mail login page on your device browser.
- Enter you Lycos username and password on their respective fields.
- Tap ‘’Sign in’’ to login your account.
At once, your Lycos mail inbox will appear. You can now manage your account, compose, send and receive emails, from your mobile device or computer. While entering your password, you should make sure your caps lock is turned off because your password is case-sensitive.