KakaoTalk, also known as KaTalk, is an instant messaging application compatible with both mobile and desktop operating systems. The app is mostly used in South Korea, and it does come with loads and loads of features and functions.
For instance, you can use KakaoTalk to make free calls and send messages, share photos and videos with other users, and more. It is one of the best apps in South Korea and other regions of the world that allows you to make meaningful connections for free and without hassle.
Just like Facebook, WhatsApp, and other social media applications, KakaoTalk is easy to use and fun to chat with your friends and family across the world. Research has shown that more than a million users from South Korea and other parts of the world make use of the app to connect with others seamlessly.
KakaoTalk is available in 15 languages and is free to make use of across your mobile or computer systems. However, to get started with Kakao Talk, you will first need to sign up for a free account with the service. After successfully signing up for an account, you get access to all its features and functions at no cost.
As mentioned, you can download and install KakaoTalk on your mobile and desktop operating systems. Downloading the app is free and very easy to do. You can follow the steps and guidelines below to download and install the app on your mobile and desktop operating systems for free.
How to Download KakaoTalk on Mobile Devices
- Open your Google Play or App Store.
- Using the search engine, search for KakaoTalk
- Click on the app from the options provided.
- Tap ”Install” or ”Get” to start downloading the app.
- Once downloaded, open and launch the app.
Download on a Windows PC
- Open your PC web browser.
- Visit the official website of KakaoTalk.
- Locate the download icon at the top right corner of the page and tap on it.
- Select Windows.
- The app will automatically start downloading on your Windows PC.
- Allow the app to run in your browser once downloaded.
- Launch and open the app once downloaded.
Download on macOS
- Open your Mac OS web browser.
- Visit the official website of KaKaoTalk
- Tap on the Download icon at the top right corner of the page.
- Click on macOS and the app will start downloading on your system.
- Once downloaded, tap on RUN.
- Finally, launch and open KakaoTalk on your macOS
After successfully downloading and installing KakaoTalk on your Android, iOS, macOS, and PC applications, you will need to sign up for an account or log into your account to get started.
How to Sign Up for a KakaoTalk Account
As a new user of KakaoTalk, you will need to sign up for a free account to get started. You can create an account using the mobile or desktop app. Simply follow the steps and guidelines below to create your own Kakao Talk ID.
- Download and install Kakao Talk on your device.
- or visit the official website of Kakao.
- Grant the app permission to access your device and tap on “continue.”
- Carefully read through the terms and conditions of the app and tap on “AGREE.”
- This will take you to another page. Click on SIGN UP.
- Enter your mobile number along with your country’s code.
- Enter the verification code sent to your mobile number.
- Wait for your number to be verified.
- Create a strong password.
- Enter your nickname, gender, date of birth, and profile photo.
- Lastly, allow KakaoTalk access to your mobile number to find friends or tap skip.
There you have it; that’s how you sign up for a Kakao Talk account ID. Now, you can start connecting with other users of the platform for free.
KakaoTalk Log in
If you already have an account with KakaoTalk, you can sign in to your account using your sign-in credentials to access your account. You will need your login credentials to successfully access your account. Below are the steps and guidelines to follow to sign in to your Kakao Talk account;
- Open the App on your device.
- Or visit the official login page of Kakao Online.
- On the sign-in page
- Enter the mobile number connected to your KakaoTalk account.
- Also, enter your password.
- Then, tap on the LOG IN ICON.
If your KakaoTalk login ID is accurate, you will automatically be logged in to your Kakao account where you can start connecting and communicating with other users of the services without hassle.
Is KakaoTalk Similar to WhatsApp?
Actually, it is almost similar but doesn’t share certain features as WhatsApp. KakaoTalk just like WhatsApp has both the audio calling and video chatting feature. The app also has an animated emoticon. But unlike WhatsApp, KakaoTalk doesn’t need you to provide a mobile number before you can use it.