Do you need a credit card you can use to earn rewards on your everyday purchases? If yes, then the JCPenney credit card is hugely recommended for you. The JCPenney credit card is a great credit card issued by synchrony bank and also a closed-loop card which means you can only use it to shop on JCPenney.com and at JCPenney stores. JCPenney synchrony bank tends to reward lower limits than open-loop cards with reviews citing average limits between $300 to $1,000. The JCPenney credit card features rotate around special deals and offer for patrons of the department store chain.
However, JCPenney is a premium departmental store established in 1902 with more than one century of experience providing consumers with high-quality clothing, furniture, appliances, and accessories. JCPenney stores are mainly found anchoring suburban shopping malls, and presently, the retailer has more than 1,050 locations in forty-nine states in Puerto Rico. And for people who spend a lot of money and time in their local store, a JCPenney credit card can be a treasured means/tool for finding savings. Meanwhile, those who are accustomed to paying late may find their limits cut or accounts closed.
How JCPenney Credit Card Works
With your JCPenney credit card, you can earn up to 2,000 points on a single purchase and get $10 reward points for 200 points earned. Also, the JCPenney card comes with a relatively high-interest rate as it charges 26.99% APR for purchases. Users will earn 1 point per $1 spent on qualifying purchases made with their card, online and in-store. Nevertheless, if you make purchases with another payment method, you will still earn points at a rate of 1 point per every $2 spent. Irrespective of how much you spend, you can have a maximum point of 2,000 points. Cardholders will earn a $10 JCPenney rewards certificate for every 200 points, giving a value of $0.05 per point. Members of JCPenney rewards can expect to get discounts and special deals as well as birthday gifts and special savings events.
JCPenney new members are qualified to save an extra 15% on their purchase when they open their account and use their JCPenney credit card and also receive 5% off major appliances in select locations. It does not charge fees on the foreign transactions and there is no cash advance fee and cash advance APR as well. Late payment fees could cost up to $38. In addition, when you spend $500 or above in a year on services or merchandise, online or in-store with your JCPenney synchrony card, you will earn JCPenney gold status. People that spend $1,000 or more a year will earn JCPenney platinum status.
Benefits of JCPenney Credit Card
The JCPenney credit card comes with benefits that you would love so much. So, in this section we’ll be taking a look at what this credit card offers;
- Points don’t expire in as much as you earn points every 12 months.
- 1 point per $1 spent on qualifying purchases made with your card.
- You can combine certificates with other coupons or discounts.
- You can upgrade to platinum and gold status to get better perks.
- Also, you get a birthday gift to celebrate your birthday.
- It offers special financing and exclusive sales days for shoppers.
- JCPenney card comes with no annual fee.
- When you spend $500 or above in a year on services or merchandise, online or in-store with your JCPenney synchrony card, you will earn JCPenney gold status.
- On a single purchase, you can earn up to 2,000 points.
- JCPenney Card has no shopping protections like purchase protection and extended warranties.
- It has a high-interest rate of purchase APR.
- Your card only uses the card at JCPenney and affiliated stores.
- The rewards certificate expires in a few months.
How to Apply for JCPenney Credit Card
The JCPenney credit card is considered one of the simplest cards to get and reviewers have reported being approved with different types of credit scores. You can apply for the JCPenney card by visiting the JCPenney store or online by following the steps below;
- Visit the JCPenney credit card official website.
- Click on the apply button at the top right of the homepage.
- On the application page, enter your last four SSN and mobile number.
- Then click on the continue button.
- On the next page, enter your suffix, middle initial, first name, last name, apt#, street address, zip code, city & state, primary phone, type.
- Alternate phone & type, email address, confirm the email address, SSN/ITN, date of birth [MM/DD/YYYY], annual net income.
- After that click on the continue button.
To apply in-store, you need to visit any JCPenney store and apply in person with an associate. You are expected to submit the same details or information as you would when applying online. For ease, you can use the JCPenney store locator to locate the nearest store.
JCPenney Credit Card Login
To login to your JCPenney card account, follow the steps below;
- Launch a web browser and visit the synchrony JCPenney card website.
- Click on the login button at the top of the homepage.
- Then, you will be presented with the login page.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Click on remember user ID to keep you automatically signed in.
- Lastly, click on secure login to login into your account.
With these steps, you can access and manage your JCPenney account without any stress.