Outlook is yet another sensational email service provider where you can send and receive emails easily. When you are not in office or you are out on a vacation, you need to know how to set up out of office in Outlook.
Setting up out of office on Outlook helps you handle all your business emails and automatically provide replies to them. This way, you do not need to worry about your emails not being replied to or taken care of. Because of these and many more, you need to know how to set up out-of-office in Outlook.
What is Out of Office in Outlook?
Out of Office on Outlook is a feature that provides replies to your Outlook emails while you are away. Instead of replying to all your emails while you are not in the office, this feature has you covered all the way through. Just by turning it on, there is no need to be worried about leaving your emails unread.
Why Do I Need to Know How to Set Up Out of Office in Outlook?
Instead of leaving your business emails answered on Outlook each time you are off work or not present, you can set this up to fill in for you. Send and receive emails without having to be there with this automatic out-of-office setup on Outlook. Knowing how to set it up will be of great help to you and your business.
How to Set Up Out of Office in Outlook
Just as I mentioned earlier, it is simple and easy to set up out of the office on Outlook. As long as you are an Outlook user or use it for business, you are privileged to use this feature. In the meantime, you can set up out of office reply on Microsoft Outlook desktop app and the web version. To set up out of office on Outlook, you need to follow the below steps.
Set Up Out of Office Reply on Microsoft Outlook Desktop App
- From your Outlook account, go to Files.
- Click on automatic replies.
- Tap “Send automatic replies.
- Click on “Only send during this time range” if you do not want the replies to be sent in the appropriate way.
- Enter a message you would like to be sent.
- Tap “OK” to complete the process.
Set Up Out of Office Reply on Microsoft Outlook Web
- Visit Outlook.com and login to your account if prompted.
- Now click on the Settings icon at the top right corner of your Outlook inbox.
- Then select ”View all Outlook settings.”
- From the pop-up page, select Mail > Automatic Replies.
- Turn on the automatic replies toggle.
- Now you can schedule your auto-reply to work during a certain time period.
- Tick the box under the toggle. After that, select the date and time you want to auto-reply to work.
- Non-compulsorily, check the box that applies to your Outlook calendar during this period.
- After this, enter your out-of-office message in the big field provided. This is the automatic reply that will be sent to anyone who emails you while you’re away.
- Lastly, click ”Save” to confirm the changes.
Now that you know this, feel free to try it out using the steps given. Note that you do not need to make any payments to use this feature.
What Do I Write in an Automatic Reply to Outlook Emails?
You do not need to make your reply bulky. Instead, you need to make it simple and straightforward. Do not add any information that is unnecessary to the email.
You can make your reply as simple as saying, “I will give you a reply when I return,” and so on. This makes things a lot easier, and it makes it faster to catch up with emails sent during your absence.
How Do I Set Up Out of Office in Outlook Without Auto-Replying?
This is possible and easy to do. If you do not want an automatic reply to be sent when you turn on your Outlook out of office, you need to follow the steps given below carefully to archive that. From the out-of-office settings page:
- You will find a message at the bottom of the ribbon saying “Turn off to disable automatic out of office replies”.
- Then click on it to turn it off.
Once this is done, you can set up Outlook out of office without an automatic reply, and each time you get a message, no automatic reply will be given.
Can I Set My Outlook Out of Office From My Phone?
Using iOS and Android Outlook, you can easily set up your Outlook out-of-office replies for Microsoft 365 Exchange, Outlook.com, and Exchange (Hybrid) accounts. You do not necessarily need to make use of a computer to do so. Instead, you need to:
- Visit Outlook on your smartphone.
- Then go to the out-of-office replies set up.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “Account.
- Select automatic replies.
- Finally, turn the switch on.
After this, Out of Office on Outlook will be turned on, and all your emails will be taken care of while you are away.
Do I Still Receive Emails when my Outlook Out of Office is Off?
Turning off your out-of-office Outlook does not stop you from receiving emails. Out of office on Outlook allows you to send quick replies to your emails when you are away. However, this means that you still receive email when you turn on your Outlook out of office.