Don’t know how to set up Gmail on your Apple Watch? There are multiple ways to do it. If you have more than one Gmail account, you can set them up on your Apple Watch in a variety of ways. This will enable you to have access to your Gmail account, and you won’t have to enter your account password each time you try to sign in.
Despite the fact that Google does not support Gmail for Apple Watch, receiving and sending emails via your Apple Watch can be challenging. Still, it isn’t impossible. There are several ways you can set up your Gmail account on your Apple Watch. You can set it up through the iOS Mail app or the Gmail app for iPhone.
In addition, there are also other mail applications such as Zoho, Canary Mail, or iOS Mail. If you are worried about how to set up Gmail on your Apple Watch, you can read through this blog post, in which I will provide a detailed explanation of how to set up Gmail on Apple Watch.
How to Set Up Gmail on Apple Watch
With your Apple Watch, you can stay in touch and be updated with just a glance at your wrist. It would be beneficial if you had the Gmail app on your Apple Watch if you received a lot of emails through Gmail.
The Gmail application isn’t compatible with the Apple Watch because Google doesn’t support it for Gmail. So, it would be a little difficult to read your emails. However, you can still receive emails on your Apple Watch if you have the Gmail app configured, and those notifications will be visible on it.
- Open the App Store on your iPhone.
- Search for Gmail and Get the app.
- Click on Settings.
- Click Gmail.
- Click Notifications
- Next, you configure your Gmail notification settings the way you prefer.
- Launch the Watch app.
- Click on Notifications.
- In the Mirror iPhone Alerts section, toggle the Gmail slider to on. Each time the Gmail app on your device sends a notification, you will receive the same alert on your Apple Watch.
After following these steps to the letter, you have successfully set up Gmail on your Apple Watch.
Third-Party Apps for Adding Gmail to Apple Watch
Google doesn’t support its Gmail app to work on the Apple Watch, but there are still some third-party apps that work with Gmail and support the Apple Watch. You can use third-party mail, and you will be able to access Gmail on your Apple Watch. Here is how to do that:
- On your iPhone, download and install the third-party app that you want to use from the App Store. Ensure that you pick the one that provides an Apple Watch app.
- Set up your Gmail account in the third-party app.
- On your Apple Watch, locate the email app and click it
- Several Apple Watch email apps provide different features, but you can still read your Gmail on the Apple Watch while using the app.
If you are wondering what third-party apps support Gmail on the Apple Watch, you can try using apps like Zoho Mail, Canary Mail, Airmail, Apple Mail, and Spark.
How to Set Up Gmail on Apple Watch Using the iOS Mail App
You can log into your Gmail account using the iOS mail app. You can also link the Gmail app from your paired iPhone to your Apple Watch. Here is how to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll to the bottom and select Accounts.
- Click the Add Accounts button.
- Click Google
- Input your Gmail address and password.
- Confirm the information that you will be sharing with your iPhone.
The next step to setting up Gmail on the Apple Watch using the iOS mail app is to:
- Launch the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
- Scroll through the list of apps.
- Check to see if the iOS mail app is there.
- Click the install button right next to the mail app.
And there you have it.
How to Send Gmail Messages Using the Apple Watch App
To send an email with your Apple Watch, follow the prompts below:
- Launch Safari, the Mail app, and the third-party app on your Apple Watch.
- Open your Gmail.
- Tap on the digital crown to scroll through all the messages.
- Tap on the New Message button.
- Include the subject and contact information.
- Click the dictation icon and speak the messages you want to send, or make use of the keyboard and input the message.
To reply to an email with your Apple Watch, follow the prompts below:
- Open the particular message you want to reply to.
- Tap on the “Add” button.
- Compose what you want to send either through voice commands or the keyboard.
And there you have it. You can now send and reply to emails on your Apple Watch.
How to Get Gmail Notifications on Your Apple Watch
There is a feature on your iPhone that allows you to sync notifications to your Apple Watch. This allows your Apple Watch to receive email notifications and other alerts and texts. Here is how to enable it:
- Download and install the Gmail app on your iPhone.
- Launch the Settings notification.
- Scroll down and then tap on the Gmail app.
- Enable Gmail notifications.
- Configure Gmail notifications the way you want them.
- Launch the Apple Watch app.
- Click on Notification.
- Tap on the Mirror iPhone Alerts option.
- Toggle the notification sound on the Gmail app.
You can send and replay messages on your Apple Watch by using the methods above.