Gmail has become what a lot of people use in this century both, for their businesses and even in school. It is an account we open and even remove sometimes. How can I recover my old Gmail account? A lot of people ask this question. If you are worried about how you can recover your Google Mail account. You do not need to worry because I will enlighten you on everything you need to know about how you can recover your old Gmail account. In recent times, we know that Gmail carries most of everything on our devices. This is why most times it is important to want to recover the lost Gmail account.
There are lots of reasons why we do not use the old Gmail account. It can either be because of our lost password or maybe Google automatically deleted the Gmail account after nine months of inactivity. However, you need to know that if you delete your Gmail account from the device, you might not have access to it or even recover it. But if you do not recall your password or email address, you can have access to it by following this article to the end.
How to Recover Your Gmail Account
If you do not remember your password or address or can’t have access to the account. The below are steps to help you recover your Gmail account;
- Go to the Gmail account page on your device
- Click on forgot password
- Now, enter the verification code sent to your phone number
- Enter the new password you want
- Re confirm it
- Now sign in
The above process can help you recover your old Gmail account, so you do not have to panic just follow it. But if the above did not help, click on the help button below the Gmail or Google sign-in page. You might find the help you are looking for. Or you can still check the below you might find the help you desire.
How to Reset Your Gmail Password Using Google Account Recovery Page
If you can’t access the Gmail account that means, you can’t remember. So, if the above process did not work for you, then you can make use of the account recovery process. This process might not work too if your phone number is not registered on the Google account and it is not backed up. Check the below they might help you out.
- Visit the Google Account Recovery page on your device browser.
- Enter the email address you are trying to access and tap on next
- In the next page click on ‘try another way’
- Click on send verification code or backup email. You can only have one of the two
- A code will automatically be sent to the registered code.
- Enter the code and click on next
- Create a new password on the new page
- Confirm it
- Save the password, so as not to lose it again
- After setting up a new password, a page will be showed to you click on ‘continue’
- You will now see your account
Now, you can make use of the Gmail account without any problem. However, if the above did not work like it was stated above you can now click on the help button. So that you can find the old Gmail account and make sure to always back it up.