How do I make a Discover Card payment? If you’re a new Discover Card user and you’re wondering how to make a credit card payment online, there’s no need to worry. In this write-up, we will be showing you various ways to make a Discover Card payment.
Meanwhile, Discover is a credit card brand owned by Discover Financial, an American financial services business (DFS). It is different from a Visa or a MasterCard, but it is accepted in the US and more than 200 countries internationally.
Customers are provided with the opportunity to enjoy and access a wide range of benefits, including cashback. In addition, all Discover credit cardholders are provided with the opportunity to make a credit card payment online without hassle.
And this is because Discover issues cards directly to customers, and so payments are made directly to the company. You can make a Discover Card payment by simply visiting its official website at www.Dicover.com or by downloading its mobile app.
You can also write a check and send it by mail to Discover or contact their payment team via phone call to make a payment. However, some steps and guidelines need to be followed before using any of these methods. Check out the next outline for steps and ways to make a Discover Card Payment online.
How to Make a Discover Card Payment
As you know, it is important to make your credit card payment on time as this will help maintain your credit score. Therefore, in this section of the article, we will be showing you 3 ways to make a Discover Card payment. It should, however, be noted that you are free to pay more than the minimum required amount and this will help improve your credit score.
Also, it will provide you with the opportunity to accumulate late fees and interest charges later. Here are the steps and guidelines to follow to make your www.discover.com credit card payment:
Visit www.Discover.com or download the Discover Mobile App
To conveniently make your Discover Card payment, you can visit www.discover.com on your computer web browser. Or you can download and install the mobile app for Android and iOS users by sending the text-APP to DICOV 347268. Once you have downloaded the app or you are on the official website of the platform, follow the below steps to follow;
- Locate the sign-in icon on the homepage and sign in with your Discover User ID and Password.
- If you don’t have an account, click on “Create an account” and follow the prompts.
- Once you have successfully created an account or signed in to your Discover account.
- Locate the make a payment link and click on it.
- You’ll be redirected to another page where you can start your payment.
- Enter the amount you would like to pay.
- Lastly, confirm the amount entered and then click on “Submit Payment”.
Make a Payment With a Check
You can also make a Discover Card Payment with a check. But you will have to mail your check to the address on the payment coupon, which is located at the bottom of your credit card. Here are the tips to follow:
- Locate your Discover Monthly account statement to check your balance.
- Below the statement, you will find a detachable payment coupon.
- Carefully remove the coupon.
- Then, fill out your check by entering the necessary information.
- Lastly, place your check inside an envelope and address the envelope to Discover Financial Services, P.O. Box 6103, Carol Stream, Illinois 60197-6103.
Make sure to use a personal check while paying for your credit card. Also, add your account number on the memo line, including your payment coupon. Lastly, make sure to mail your payment 7 to 10 business days before your credit card payment due date.
Contact Discover by Phone to Pay Your Credit Card Bill
The last way to pay your Discover credit card bill is by contacting the company using your smartphone. You can call 1-800 DISCOVER (1-800-347-2683) anytime to make a payment. Note that the company doesn’t have a pay by phone convenience fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Pay For My Discover Card Using Another Credit Card?
Unfortunately, it is impossible to pay for your Discover Card using another credit card. Currently, you can only make payments by visiting their official website, downloading the mobile app, sending a check via mail, or contacting Discover customer service to pay your bills.
How Do I Login to My Discover Card Account?
If you don’t exactly know how to sign in to your Discover Card account, you can follow the steps and guidelines below to sign in to your account;
- Visit Discover.com in your web browser.
- Or open the mobile app on your device.
- Click on the Log In icon on the homepage.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Then, click on LOG IN.
How Do I Create an Account With Discover.com?
If you haven’t created an account, you won’t be able to make a payment online via the official website of Discover or with the mobile app. To create an account, follow the steps and guidelines below.
- Visit the official website of Discover Card.
- Click on “Create an account.”
- Enter your 16-digit card number.
- Input the expiration date.
- Fill in your correct date of birth information.
- Also, enter the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.
- Confirm your humanity by completing the captcha.
- Lastly, click on continue and follow the on-screen instructions.
There you have it. You can follow the above steps and guidelines to create an online credit card account with Discover anytime and any day.