Do you have LG TV? Have you been trying to get your Crunchyroll displayed on your LG Tv? The process is very easy. If you are a fan and lover of anime and manga, you’ll already have an idea of what Crunchyroll is. Well, in the meantime, Crunchyroll is a streaming service focused on anime.
The streaming service is known to have the largest anime library offering over 40,000 episodes and also over 16,000 hours of content and more. So, if you are obsessed with anime and you’ve found Crunchyroll to be a go-to for new series and you own an LG TV.
You then might want to stream on the big screen. Probably with family, or friends, but since you’ve not tried it before, or you’ve forgotten how to go about it. It’s definitely normal to inquire how to. So, now you are here, let’s explore simple steps on how to get Crunchyroll on LG TV.
How To Watch Crunchyroll on LG TV
There are several ways you watch or get your Crunchyroll on LG TV. You can either use your phone to cast it, use the LG Smart TV browsers to visit the website, couple a streaming device that supports connecting the streaming service to your TV, or by making use of a supported console.
Either way or whichever way you prefer to connect your Crunchyroll to your LG TV, the process is very easy and seamless. Now let’s take a look at each method and steps on how to go about them. That you might easily choose that which is easier for you.
Then watch your favorite anime show from your Crunchyroll streaming service on your LG TV with family, friends, loved ones, and any other person that shares the same anime interest as you.
1st Method: Cast Crunchyroll from Phone App to LG TV
To your LG TV, you can cast from either your Android or your iOS device. Yes, you can! Besides, it runs on the webOS. So, all you just need to do is install the app on your device (Android, iPhone, or iPad)). That is, by visiting the app store for your respective device (Google Play Store or Apple Store).
Once you have installed it, you can now log in to your account and cast it to your Tv. So, here’s how to cast it below;
- Turn on your smart Tv.
- Open the Crunchyroll app on your mobile phone.
- Login to your account.
- If you do not have an account, create one.
- Once you are in your account, select the anime you’d like to watch.
- Then click on the Screen Cast button on your phone.
- Select the LG TV as the device you want to cast to.
- With that, your stream starts on your Tv.
Note: The Screen Cast button may vary depending on the type of mobile phone and OS. So, if following the above steps isn’t easy because of your kind of device, I will be showing you how to cast from three other different kinds of devices to your LG TV. They include (LG Phones, Other Android Devices, and an iPhone). So, read further to know.
How To Cast Crunchyroll from an LG Phone to LG TV
Phones differ from each other. Like the settings designs and specifications. So, “cast” on an LG phone might definitely be different from that of a normal Android phone. And according to research that’s true. On LG which runs the LG UX, to cast, the feature you would use is the “Screen Sharing” feature. You can find this feature in the settings section on your LG device. It is more like Miracast but this one is for LG. so, here’s how to go about it below;
- First, ensure your LG Tv and LG Phone are connected to the same internet.
- Then open your phone and go to “settings”.
- Locate network settings, under it, click on “Screen sharing” and toggle on it.
- You will come across a list of devices.
- Select your LG TV (Note that you will only be able to find it if it’s connected to the same network).
- Go to the Crunchyroll app, log in, and pick an anime you’d like to watch.
- Then turn on auto rotate and flip your phone to stream in landscape mode.
- You can put aside your phone while you watch the anime on the big screen.
How To Cast Crunchyroll from Other Android Devices to LG TV
The process is similar to the above.
- Ensure your Android is connected to the same internet as your Smart TV.
- Open the default screen-sharing mobile app ((Miracast) on your device.
- Choose your Smart Tv.
- Then log in to Crunchyroll and start streaming.
However, if you use Android phones of these brands, here are the respective casting apps for your phone below;
- Google Pixel Phones – Google Cast.
- Xiaomi Phones – Cast.
- Huawei Phones – Wireless Projection.
- Sony Xperia Phones – Wireless Projection.
- Oppo Phones – Screencast.
- OnePlus Phones – Wireless Projection.
- Samsung Phones – SmartView.
- Asus Phones – Wireless Projection.
You can also install and use the web video cast app on your device to cast if you do not have a default cast app on your device.
How To Cast Crunchyroll from iOS devices (iPhone/iPad) to LG TV
To cast from your iOS device to your Smart Tv, your device’s default cast app is “Airplay”. So, using Airplay on your device, you can cast your Crunchyroll and stream from your phone to your Smart Tv using these steps below;
- Ensure your smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi Network as your device (either your iPhone or iPad, whichever you’d like to cast from).
- Then tap on the home button on your TV using the Tv remote and go to the home dashboard.
- Tap on the up button to show the dashboard menu.
- Scroll down to locate “Airplay” and click on it.
- After that, you’ll be shown your Tv model name on your device.
- So, tap on Airplay and HomeKit Settings.
- While doing that, ensure your Airplay is turned on, on your device.
- If it’s not, turn it on.
- On your mobile device, swipe from the bottom screen up to use the control center.
- Tap on the airplay icon.
- Choose your smart TV.
- Then you will get a code on the TV.
- You are required to enter it into your phone.
- Done that, you will see a checkmark confirming a successful connection.
- You can now go to the Crunchyroll app, and log in to your account.
- And start streaming.
However, it is worthwhile to note that, not all Smart TVs support Airplay. But if yours do support it, you can follow the above steps to cast your device.
2nd Method: Attach or Couple a Supported Streaming Device
Another way to get Crunchyroll on LG Tv is by coupling or attaching it to a supported CR device. So, if you are wondering what devices are supported. You could use the Roku Stick, Amazon Firestick, or Chromecast. All that’s just needed is to connect your preferred to your smart Tv HDMI port. Then follow the steps below for each device;
Roku Stick or Amazon Firestick
- Got to the channel Store.
- Download Crunchyroll.
- Launch the channel.
- Login to your account.
- Then start streaming.
- Send Crunchyroll content (what you’d like to watch) to your Chromecast device from either your iOS or Android Apps or via Chrome using the Google Cast Extension.
- Then Start streaming with the onscreen steps.
With these, you can now stream whatever you want from CR on your Tv. But you will have to purchase these devices from any online store that sells them before you can use them.
3rd Method: Cast from Gaming Console
If you have a gaming console, you can also cast from it. But note that, Crunchyroll is only supported on PlayStation (5,4,3, Vita), and Xbox (360 and one). Compared to the steps of using a streaming device, it is quite similar. Here, you just wouldn’t be needing those devices but rather a whole gaming console. So, connect your PlayStation to your CR and follow the onscreen steps to project. Then have fun.
4th Method: Through LG TV Web Browser
Many LGs Smart TVs have inbuilt web browsers. So, if you do not want to go through the above process, you can just make use of the Web browser to watch anime on Crunchyroll. So, here’s how to go about that below;
- Turn on your smart Tv.
- Go to the list of apps in the library and tap on the Web browser app.
- How to go about that?
- Click on the “Home” button on your Tv remote control.
- Then navigate down to the “Web Browser” app and click on it.
- Once you have opened it, enter “crunchyroll.com” into the URL bar.
On the website, sign in to your account. Then you can now start streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Download Crunchyroll App on LG TV
No, the app cannot be downloaded on LG Tv. As it only supports AndroidOS-based smart TVs but doesn’t support or work on the webOS variants which currently is used on LG smart TVs. So, for now, there is no supported app for the LG Tv that you can install to stream from the service. Therefore, if you want to stream using your Smart Tv, you are advised to follow any of the above-listed steps.
Can I Get Crunchyroll on My Smart Tv Using Plex App?
The answer is no. Why? Although, it is true that you can download the Plex app on the LG Tv app store. But the CR app wasn’t added. What’s there is just the feature “Discover” which you can use to access and select streaming services to get recommendations on the Plex app. And the list of streaming apps includes; CR, Netflix, Amazon, etc. So, you can get movie suggestions from any of these services but not download or use the CR app.
But you can get the anime on Plex. And that is when you add the anime movies that are already available on your device’s storage to your media library on Plex. Then you can now watch the anime from Plex on LG Tv.
Can I Watch CR Free on My Smart TV?
No! To watch on the streaming platform, you have to first sign up for an account and subscribe. As they do not offer their whole catalog for free. Also subscribing gives you free and easier access to all the unique features they have to offer. Moreover, the subscription fee is affordable.
Crunchyroll can be streamed on LG Tv and the above listed steps could help you go about that. But the app cannot be downloaded on the Smart Tv because it uses WebOS and the streaming service doesn’t support webOS.