How can I download music from YouTube Music? Downloading music can be fun, especially if there is a large library. YouTube Music is one of the most famous music streaming services. It was launched in 2018. Although YouTube was designed for the streaming of videos, the YouTube Music service is primarily for streaming music.
You can enjoy downloading music from the service, but you need to be a paid subscriber to access it. So, if you’re wondering how to download songs from YouTube, keep reading until the end. Meanwhile, you have to be a YouTube premium member to enjoy downloading all your favorite songs. Moreover, premium members enjoy more benefits than free users.
YouTube Premium membership allows you to enjoy streaming songs on YouTube without ads and also download songs. If you are not a premium user, you have to endure all the pop-ups while streaming on the platform. Furthermore, YouTube Music offers YouTube premium members the opportunity to enjoy ad-free music streaming and download.
That is, if you are a free user on the platform, you cannot download songs. Hence, before you can download music from the platform, you need to subscribe to a premium plan. Meanwhile, downloading songs from the platform allows you to enjoy the song even when you are offline.
How to Download Songs From YouTube Music
Downloading music from YouTube Music is pretty straightforward. If you need all your favorite songs so you can listen to them offline, downloading them is easy. Also, YouTube Music contains a large library of songs from different artists across the world.
You can make use of the search tool to quickly locate any song of your choice. However, you should know that you need to have a premium subscription because free subscribers can only play songs. Hence, here is how to get your favorite song from the YouTube music website.
- Navigate to the official website via your browser at https://music.youtube.com/.
- Select a song from the homepage.
- Or alternatively, use the search to locate a song quickly.
- Once you find the song, click on it.
- Next, select the Download icon.
- Or tap on ”Menu”, then select Download.
How to Download Music From the YouTube Music App
How do I download songs from YouTube to my phone? You can either decide to download songs from the website or the YouTube Music app on your Android device. The app is available for download on your Google Play Store.
Meanwhile, the app works like the site and gives you access to unlimited downloads. Importantly, you get access to smart downloads of your favorite music artists. Here is how to download songs from the app.
How to Download Music from YouTube Music on Android
- Launch the app on your Android device.
- On the homepage, tap on a song you wish to download.
- Or use the search tool to find a song you want to download.
- The song will be displayed for you to download.
- Tap on the song you wish to download.
- Click on the download icon.
- Lastly, your songs will start to download.
How to Download Albums
However, YouTube Music allows you to download your favorite artist’s albums. If you would like to download an album from any artist, follow these steps.
- Go to the official YouTube Music website at https://music.youtube.com/.
- Or launch the app on your mobile device.
- Select the album you would love to download.
- At the top right corner, select the three-dot icon.
- Next, select Download.
Where Are My Songs Stored?
Where your music files are saved depends on the download location you choose. If you would like to save your downloaded files to your phone’s internal memory or save them directly to your SD card, If you wish to download to your SD card, then make sure your SD card is properly inserted. But by default settings, all your downloaded files are saved in your phone’s internal memory.