Are you fed up with TikTok and want to delete your account? We’re here to help. If you are in a position where you have to delete your TikTok account, I’ll recommend you back up all your TikTok data. If you have a lot of videos and stuff, and you don’t want them, you don’t have to.
What is TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform that has become very popular. It’s a sensational video-sharing application that allows people to post videos and use popular soundtracks with Snapchat-style filters, like morphing your face and creating intriguing visual effects on your phone.
People can follow other accounts and create feeds on new content from the creators that they enjoy the most. It’s an ongoing cycle of creating content. It has a for-you feed with random videos from others that offer endless new stuff to watch, which makes TikTok very addictive.
How to Delete Your TikTok Account
You may be in a situation where you need to go ahead and delete your TikTok account permanently. Follow the steps below:
- Jump to TikTok on your iPhone or Android phone. It’s the same process.
- And here, go to the profile page. Just an icon at the right bottom corner. And, if you want to delete your only account, you could do it from here. But if you have multiple accounts, make sure you select the right one.
- So, from the top menu, select the counter you actually want to delete.
- Now, from here, click on the three lines at the top-right corner of your profile page.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Settings and privacy.”
- In the Settings and Privacy section, click on “Account.”
- Then tap ”Deactivate or delete account”.
- On the next page, you will see three options, which are “delete or deactivate,” “deactivate account,” and “delete account permanently.”
- Since you want to delete your account, select the last option, which is “delete account permanently.”
- TikTok will then ask you why you want to leave its platform. Select your reason for wanting to leave below and click ”Continue.” If you don’t want to give any reason, you can click ”Skip”.
- Now TikTok will recommend that you download your data [like your video posts] because they are irrecoverable once your account has been deleted.
- Accept the request to proceed with the deletion and click “Continue.”
- Click on “Continue” on the next page.
- TikTok will then ask you to enter your password to confirm that the account belongs to you.
- Enter your password and press the delete account button.
Mind you, the deletion of the account won’t happen immediately. The account will be deactivated for 30 days, and other TikTok users won’t see it. After 30 days, the account will be permanently deleted. If you change your mind, you can always log into that same account within the period of deactivation to reactivate it.
What Happens When I Delete My TikTok Account?
Below are the effects of deleting your TikTok account:
- First of all, you won’t be able to sign in to TikTok with that account.
- You will no longer have access to your videos.
- Any information that didn’t download before the deletion of the account will be irrecoverable.
- You will not be able to obtain a refund for things you have purchased.
On the other hand, information that isn’t stored in your account, like direct messages, may still be visible to others.
How Can I Delete My TikTok Account Without Logging In?
Usually, when you are on TikTok, if you go to your profile and click on the three lines in the top right-hand corner, you go to manage your account and then delete the account. TikTok will usually ask you for your password so that they can confirm that you are the real owner of the account.
I’ll be showing you a workaround for it.
- On your TikTok profile, tap on the upper right corner.
- Tap on settings and privacy.
- And then deactivate or delete the account.
- After that, the contour says to delete the account permanently, and then click on one of the reasons why you would want to delete your account.
- After that, you can download your TikTok data. And if you want to recover TikTok data, click on request download and tap on it.
- So, press “continue” and then “continue again.”
- Then they’ll ask you to verify your account.
- Once that’s done, click on “delete the account,” which will permanently delete your account.
Keep in mind that you still have 30 days before you have the option to delete your account permanently. Because in 30 days, you can recover your account if you’ve changed your mind.
How to Recover a Deleted TikTok Account
Have you recently deleted your TikTok account but wish to log back into it again? In this section, I’ll show you how to recover your deleted account on TikTok.
- Before you try to recover your TikTok account, make sure that it hasn’t been 30 days yet since you deleted it. Unfortunately, if the 30-day grace period has passed, you can no longer recover your TikTok account. Because it will have been permanently deleted at that point.
- Within the 30-day grace period, you can regain access to your account by simply logging into your TikTok user credentials.
- Click on Login at the bottom of your page and select Use phone, email, and username from the given login options.
- If you previously verified your mobile number before deleting your account, you can choose to log in using your phone number.
- Alternatively, you may also choose to log in using your email or username. Whichever you prefer.
- Upon providing your credentials, TikTok automatically detects that your account is under deactivation. Click on the reactivate button to start the recovery of your account.
- After a while, you can try if it works by closing the app and reopening it.
You should now be logged into your account automatically. Then you can use your account again to browse and post on TikTok. That’s it.