Making the decision to delete your Instagram account is one that requires a lot of thinking. Before you make the final decision to delete your Instagram account, you need to be sure that you really want to, and you also need to know the deletion process.
An easy step on how to delete your Instagram account has been given and made available on Instagram. As you read through this article, you will find all you need to know about deleting your Instagram account.
Can People See My Instagram Account After It Has Been Deleted?
When you delete your Instagram account, your account goes out of existence. No one will be able to search for you, view your profile, or see your posts.
Everything about you on Instagram will be wiped out, and unless you create a new account using the same information as the previous one, you will not be found on Instagram.
Can I Delete my Instagram Account Using my Phone?
From the Instagram app on your Android or iPhone, you can delete your IG account. This means you do not need to gain access to the Instagram website to carry out this process.
Is Instagram Account Deletion and Deactivation the Same Thing?
Just as their names imply, they are both two different things. Instagram account deletion means your account is permanently removed and taken out of existence. Then Instagram account deactivation allows you to temporarily hide your account.
The difference between them is that when your account is deleted, it cannot be recovered, while if your account is deactivated, it can be recovered within 30 days after deactivation.
How to Delete Your Instagram Account
In the meantime, there are two ways to delete one’s IG account. You can delete your Instagram account either via the Instagram website or the Instagram app. Steps for each are given below:
- Visit Instagram.com in your device’s browser and login if prompted.
- Click on the More button at the bottom left of your Instagram account.
- From the displayed options, select ‘’Settings.”
- Now, tap ‘’Personal details.”
- Select ‘’Personal details’’ again on the next page, then ‘’Account ownership and control.”
- Then tap ‘’Deactivation or deletion.”
- If you have more than one IG account signed in on your PC, select the one you want to delete.
- By default, Instagram will select ”deactivate account” for you. But since you want to terminate the account, choose ‘’Delete account’’ and tap ‘’Continue.”
- Instagram will then request the password to that account to confirm that it truly belongs to you.
- Enter the password in the field provided and tap ‘’Continue.”
Using the Instagram App
It is very easy to delete your Instagram account through the Instagram app. Directly from your phone, you need to follow up on an easy step provided to delete through the app without using the website. From your Instagram app settings, you can archive this easily. To delete your Instagram account from the Instagram app, you need to
- Launch the Instagram app on your mobile device.
- Click on the settings icon on your Instagram profile page.
- Select “See more in the account center.
- Go to Personal Details.
- Click on account ownership and control.
- Tap on deactivation or deletion.
- Select the account you want to delete.
- Click on “Delete Account.
- Select “Continue” to complete the process.
If you follow the above steps to the letter, you are guaranteed to delete your IG account without any hiccups. You must, however, know that when you delete your IG account, everything on the account, such as media files, comments, and followers, will be permanently removed.
How Do I Delete a Second Instagram Account?
If you use the same login for two different accounts, you will want to know how to delete the second account. This process is very easy and fast to follow up on. All you need to do is visit your Instagram account through the app or website. Now follow the steps given below to delete a second IG account.
- Click on your profile picture at the bottom-right corner of the homepage.
- Tap on “Settings and Privacy” at the top right.
- Select login information.
- Click “Next” on the second account you want to delete.
- To complete the process, click on “Remove.
Once this is completed, your second Instagram account will be deleted. Ensure you select the right account so as to avoid deleting the wrong one.