If you use any Meta platforms, you need to know about the new Meta account. Meta is requesting all its users create a Meta account. Creating a Meta account gives you access to control your accounts and determine how you want them to show up.
As long as you are a Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, or other Meta app user, you need to create a Meta account. This means, aside from having a Meta app account, you need to have a Meta account separately.
Why Do I Need to Create a Meta Account?
To be able to participate in Meta VR, you need to create a Meta account. As we all know, Meta has created game sections on their Facebook app and some other apps. VR in its full meaning, “visual reality,” can only be played if you have a Meta account and can participate in it.
What is a Meta Account?
A Meta account is an account that gives you access to your VR devices. It also allows you to check out and manage any content you purchase. Using your email address or your Facebook account, you get to create an account. Also, through Meta VR devices, you can create an account if this is your first time. However, the Meta account allows you to play any VR game you want very easily.
How Do I Create a Meta Account?
You can sign up for a Meta account with your email address, Facebook account, or Instagram account, or by separating your existing Quest profile from your Facebook account. On the Meta website, you can create an account using these methods. Irrespective of the device, you can carry out the creation process. This is to be done by new users who have never used their Visual Reality (VR). But if you have an account already, you don’t need to create another one.
How to Create a Meta Account Without Facebook
As previously stated, through the Meta website, you can create an account using either your smart device or PC. Instead of using your Facebook account, you will have to sign up using your email address. Through the below steps, you can create a Meta account without using Facebook.
- From your web browser, visit Meta official website.
- Click on “Set up an Account with Email” afterward.
- Fill in your email address and click on “Next.”
- Enter your birth date.
- After that, click “Next.”
- Create a strong, unique password.
- Verify your information.
- Tap on “Create Account.”
- A verification code will be sent to your email address.
- Visit your email to get the code.
- Click on “continue” after that.
Your Meta account has officially been created. You can now access your Mata Quest app or Quest using the information you used to create the account.
How to Create a Meta Account with Facebook
If you have a Facebook account, you can create a Meta account using it. The only issue you will face is that all your Meta account details will be stored on Facebook. Just by making use of your Facebook information and any other information you added when creating the account, you can access your Meta account very easily. Using the below information, you can create a Meta account using your Facebook.
- From your web browser, visit the official Meta website.
- Click on the “Continue with Facebook” button.
- Then click on “Continue as” (your name).
- Click on “next after.”
- Click on “continue.”
- Select set up with Facebook.
- Click on continue.
- Tap ”Finish Account Setup.”
- After that, select next.
- Create a name for your Horizons profile.
- Click on “next after.”
- Tap “next” again.
- Decide your privacy level, and then click on Review.
- Review all your choices.
- Then select ”Accept and Continue.”
- Click on “next.”
- On the next page, tap Finish.
You have officially set up your Meta account using your Facebook account. However, to carry out this process, you need to ensure that your Facebook account is logged in on your device.
How to Separate Meta Account from Facebook
After you have created a Meta account using your Facebook account, you may not want to connect the two anymore. Your VR games that you have bought, your headset, the Meta quest app, and so on are linked to your Facebook account. Meta has created an easy way for users to do so. You need to use the below steps to separate your Meta account from Facebook.
- On the official website, go to the Meta Account Center’s profile page.
- Go to accounts.
- Look for your Meta account and click on “Remove.”
- After that, click “Continue.”
- Choose “Remove” (your name).
After that, your Meta account will be automatically removed from your account.