How can I create a Gmail account? Not so long ago, Google Mail sign up could only be done through invitations from users who already had a verified Google Web account.
Signing up on Google is free and easy. Google Mail accounts can be created through a user’s Google account if one already exists, or by completing Gmail’s simple registration process.
Gmail is an email service provider built and developed by Google. Gmail is the short form of Google Mail. It is Google’s free email service that enables users to send and receive e-mail over the Internet.
Meanwhile, you can access Gmail at googlemail.com. If you already have a Gmail account, kindly login to Gmail to use it. But if you don’t have a Gmail account, it means you have to sign up for Google Mail.
Google is continuously working on Gmail in the sense that it has become a powerhouse in the email industry and has overtaken other lesser rivals.
However, the number of users on the platform outgrew that of other email providers. Making it the most commonly used email service.
Signing up for a Google Mail account is easy. To use Google Mail, you need to sign up at googlemail.com. And during the sign-up process, you will choose a username and a strong password.
When you create a Gmail account, you will get a Gmail login ID, which will give you access to other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, Google Chrome, and lots more.
Benefits of Creating an Account on Gmail
When you create a Gmail account and sign up with Google, there are a lot of things you’ll benefit from. There are several free email providers, but one of the best is Google Mail because it has so many more options included when you sign up compared to its competitors. Here, we will list some of the benefits of Gmail that make it the best choice for personal use.
- Gmail offers you free 15GB storage space for your files and documents savings. If you need more available space, you can upgrade to premium services.
- Gmail gives you the best anti-virus and best anti-malware security. The malware filtering on Gmail cannot be turned off. So, you can’t send executable files directly as an attachment.
- Spam filtering by Gmail is awesome. It prevents you from seeing the messages that you don’t want to see.
- Gmail allows you to easily spot mails with attachments or calendars.
- Google offers hangouts on Gmail, which you can use to send messages and photos to friends and also make video calls.
- You can mark important messages with stars.
- Also, it has a search box, which appears on the top when you login to Gmail. This gives an easy way to search for an older email.
- With a Gmail account, you can access other Google products like Google play, YouTube, Google chrome and other Google products.
There is a lot to say about what you’ll get to enjoy when you sign up for a Gmail account. So, what are you waiting for? Make an account on Gmail if you don’t already have one, and login to Gmail to enjoy the services and benefits.
Problems Associated with Google Mail Sign Up
You will be unable to get a certain email address if the username you used is;
- Very similar to an existing username (for instance, if firstname.lastname@example.org already exists, you can’t use email@example.com).
- The same with an email address that someone used in the past and then erased.
- Already being used.
- Kept by Google to prevent spam or abuse.
If you think someone has created a Gmail address to try to impersonate your identity, you can;
- Make a report with the internet crime complaint center.
- Contact your state’s office of consumer protection.
Use Google Mail for Your Business
Also, you can use Google mail for your business. When you a Gmail account for business, it gives your brand a professional image and builds customer loyalty. To use Gmail for business, a G Suite account might be better for you than a personal Google Account. G Suite starts at $6 per user per month and includes the following:
- Possession of employee accounts so you are always in control of your company’s accounts, emails, and files.
- A professional, ad-free Gmail account using your company’s domain name, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Increased Gmail and Google drive storage.
- Advanced security and administrative controls.
Creating a Gmail account helps to increase brand awareness.
How to Create a Gmail Account
Creating a Google Mail account is free and simple. To create a Gmail address, you’ll first need to create a Google Mail account. Google will redirect you to the Google account sign-up page.
When you create a Gmail account, you can access other Google products with your Gmail login ID. The steps for setting up Google Mail are as follows:
- Launch your web browser and go to www.gmail.com.
- On the sign-up page, click on the ‘’Create an account’’.
- A new page will open, where you are expected to fill out the required fields.
- Enter your first name and the last name and of course the username you want to use. After typing your username, Google will check if the username is not in use. if it is, you have to use another one until Google approves.
- Once it is approved, proceed to fill the rest of your information. Having done that, click on next.
- Now you have to create a strong password not less than eight characters. I suggest you use numbers and letters for a more secure password.
- After entering the password, you will need to verify it to confirm you’re not a robot.
- Finally, click on sign up to create your Google account.
Having followed these guidelines, you’re set to start using your account for sending and receiving emails.
How to Create a Gmail Account Via the App
According to reports, a high percentage of netizens view their emails from their mobile devices. And luckily, Gmail has an app available for both Android and iOS devices. So, you can always create a new Gmail account using your mobile device. Follow the steps below to create a Gmail account on your Android or iPhone.
- At first, launch the Gmail app on your mobile device.
- If you already have a Gmail account, click your profile icon at the top right and select ‘’Add another account’’.
- From the email services options, select ‘’Google’’.
- This will take you to Google’s sign-in page.
- Since you want to open a new account, select ‘’Create account’’.
- From the pop-up menu, select ‘’For myself’’.
- On the sign-up page, start by entering your first and last name. The last name is, however, optional.
- Then tap ‘’Next.
- Enter your date of birth and select your gender.
- Click ‘’Next’’.
- Google will then give you an available Gmail address using your name. Choose the one you want or create your own Gmail address.
- Tap ‘’Next’’.
- Now create a password for your account. Google will suggest that you use a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols.
- Select ‘’Next.’’
- A phone number will be required of you. Tap ‘’Yes, I’m in’’ or ‘’Skip.’’
- Click ‘’Next.’’
- Accept Google’s privacy terms by tapping ‘’I Agree’’.
There you have it! You’ve just created a new Google Mail account. The account will automatically be logged in on your device. If you want to access the account, simply do that by clicking on your profile image.