It is a known fact that Facebook is more than just a social media platform for staying in touch with friends and families. Facebook is also an online hub for businesses. Thus, Facebook has made it possible for its users to grow their business by creating a page for their business. However, there may be reasons why you may need to change your Facebook business page name. Perhaps, you want to rebrand your page, changing your Facebook page name might be necessary. You can rename your page but you may not be able to change the web address.
On the contrary, a Facebook page is entirely different from a Facebook group. It acts as a personal profile but is mainly for business. A Facebook page is mostly used by brands and companies to introduce their services. While a group is meant to gather people with similar interests to discuss and share their opinions. Your Facebook page name consists of a general page name and a handle. However, there are some things you have to take note of while changing your page name. For freshers, ensure you choose a name you are confident about so that you won’t have to change the page name too often to confuse your audience.
How Often Can I Change my FB Business Page Name?
In most cases, you can change your Facebook business page name at least once a week. This means that if you mistakenly spell the new name, you can’t change it for the next seven days. Meanwhile, if often rename your page, Facebook may begin to view your page as spammy. So, be sure about the content you’re posting and give it the right name so as to avoid changing the name frequently. However, you can change your Facebook page name either on a computer or mobile device.
Check It Out <<< How to Delete a Facebook Page – Delete Facebook Page
How to Change Your Facebook Page Name on Computer
As a Facebook business page owner, you can edit and change your page name using a desktop computer. To request a change to a page name, you need to be an admin of the page. Hence, you can change your page name on a computer by using the guidelines below;
- Launch a web browser and visit www.facebook.com.
- Then log in to your account when prompted.
- On your news feed, you will see a menu on the left side. Select ‘’Pages’’.
- Under ‘’Your Pages’’ click on the page you want to rebrand if you have more than one page.
- Navigate down the page menu and click on ‘’Edit Info’’.
- On that page, you can edit and change your Facebook page name. Enter the new name and ensure you don’t violate Facebook policies of name changing.
- Make sure your spelling is correct and click ‘’Continue’’.
Note: Changing your Facebook business page name does not change the page URL. You have to do that separately.
How to Change Facebook Page Name on Mobile
Likewise, you can rename your Facebook page name on mobile devices. On the contrary, you can’t change a Facebook page name using the Android Facebook App. So, you have to;
- Launch a web browser and go to your Facebook page.
- Tap the ‘’More’’ button and click ‘’Edit Page’’.
- Navigate to the ‘’Page Info’’ and click on ‘’Name’’.
- Enter the name you want to use and make sure the spelling is correct.
Once you’re done click ”Continue”.
To Change a Page Name Using iPhone
For iPhone users, you can rename your Facebook business page name using the Facebook app. To do that;
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Then click the ‘’About’’ section and then the ‘’Edit Page Info’’.
- Select ‘’Update Page Info’’ and click on the ‘’Name Field’’.
Once you’ve made the changes in your Facebook page name, click ‘’Continue’’ and finally ‘’Request Change’’.