Do you know that you can cancel your subscription on Roku? Do you also know that Roku has provided a better and more understandable method for its subscribers to cancel their subscriptions? If you don’t, this article will help you understand.
Roku is known to be one of the best streaming platforms and the best place for you to gain access to all your favorite movies and series. As we all know, Roku TV subscribes automatically, but there’s no need to panic about that because you can easily turn off the auto-renew or unsubscribe button.
How to Turn Off Auto-Renew and Cancel Your Roku Subscriptions Through Your Smartphone or Computer
This process is very easy to follow up on. Through the Roku Pay website, you can follow the steps given below this paragraph to turn on auto-renew and also cancel your subscription.
- Login to your Roku account.
- Locate and click on “Manage Your Subscription.”
- Under the Active Subscription Page, select the subscription or channel you want.
- Click on “Turn off auto-renew.”
- Select your reason for canceling.
- Now click on “Continue” to cancel.
All you need to do is make sure that you follow up this process appropriately, and once it is completed, you have officially turned off your auto-renew and also canceled your subscription.
How to Turn Off Auto-Renew and Cancel Channel Subscriptions on Your Roku Streaming Device
Using your Roku streaming device, you can also cancel your subscription or turn off auto-renewal. You are not required to do much in this process. Just by following the steps outlined for you below, you can carry out the purpose of turning off your auto-renew or canceling your subscription.
- Click on the home icon on the Roku remote.
- Select the channel you wish to cancel.
- Press on the star icon on the remote.
- Select Manage Subscription from the list of options that appears.
- Now click on “Cancel Subscription.”
- Confirm your cancellation.
- Click on “done.”
Through this process, you have officially canceled your subscription. As long as this is followed up correctly, there will be no complications.
How to Turn Off Auto-Renew and Cancel a Roku Smart Home Subscription
Another way you can cancel your subscription or have it automatically renew is through the Roku Smart Home. This process is similar to the other steps given. To apply, simply follow the steps outlined below.
- Login to your Roku account.
- Click on “Manage your Subscriptions”.
- Locate the Active Subscription option after that.
- Under it, choose Roku Smart Home Subscription.
- After that, select Manage Subscription.
- Uncheck all of the checked doorbells and cameras.
- Go through the changes you have made and finally click on “Turn off auto-renew.”
After this is done, access to the features of your Roku Smart Home subscription will be granted for the remainder of your billing period. For instance, if you subscribed on May 1st and then cancelled it on May 15th, you will still have access to the app till the end of the month, and if it is an annual subscription, you will still have access to it till the end of the subscription year. So this means that until the end of the subscription term, you will still have access to those channels.
Does Removing a Channel on Roku Cancel my Subscription?
Unfortunately, it won’t cancel your subscription but instead, it prevents unexpected cancellations. It only allows you to cancel one channel, but others will still be active.
How do I Stop Roku from Recharging my Card?
In this case, you just need to visit the official Roku website. Then you take the steps outlined below to put a stop to it.
- Login to your Roku account on the website.
- Under Payment method, select the Update option.
- Click on “Remove Payment Method.”
Once this is removed, your Roku cannot automatically subscribe because it’s without the card. But to subscribe, you need to add your card back to Roku.
Why can’t I cancel my Roku Subscription?
In a case where you have already signed up elsewhere that is not on the Roku interface, you may not be able to cancel your subscription. To fix that, you need to find out where you signed up and how you did it if it was through an outside website or app, and then cancel your subscription through it.