Don’t know how to block shows on Hulu? Then don’t worry. This blog post will provide the solution for you. Although there are a lot of amazing shows on Hulu, there are also some inappropriate shows for kids too, so you might be wondering how to block some shows on Hulu.
Although Hulu doesn’t enable you to block individual shows, there are other methods that you can use to block your kids from viewing mature content. You can try creating a kid’s account or setting up a new PIN on your Hulu account to prevent them from watching without your permission.
How to Block Shows on Hulu on Your Computer
Although Hulu doesn’t enable users to block individual shows, you can always set up parental control to prevent your kids from viewing R-rated content by creating a kid’s account. Here is how to do it:
- Connect to the internet
- Open your web browser and visit the Hulu official website https://www.hulu.com
- You will then be taken to Hulu’s official website
- Tap the Login button located at the top right corner of the page
- Next, tap your name to access your profile
- Tap on Add profile and a pop-up will appear
- Enter a name for the profile. If you are creating a new profile for a child, enter their name or anything they will recognize into the space blank.
- Tap on the “Kids” switch to turn it on. The switch will then turn green and the word ON will appear.
- Tap on Create Profile. This will create a new profile that is just for kids. There will not be any adult content available for them to watch.
- Next, switch between profiles. If you want to switch to the children’s profile now, all you have to do is to tap your profile name at the top-right corner of the screen and then tap the other profile name.
And there you have it. Each time that you search for content with the children’s profile, Hulu will not show any R-rated content.
How To Block Shows on The Hulu Mobile App
You can also create a kid’s account on the official mobile app Hulu and prevent your kids from watching Mature content:
- Launch the Hulu app on your mobile phone or tablet
- If you are asked to choose a profile, click your profile name
- Click on Account
- Click on your name
- Next, click on New Profile
- This will open the “Create a New Profile” screen
- Enter a name for the profile
- Click the “Kids” switch to turn it on.
- Click Create Profile. This is located at the bottom of the screen.
After creating a new profile, you will be able to block your kids from viewing mature content on Hulu. Each time that you want to show that are not R-rated, you can simply switch to this new content.
How To Block Shows by Changing Your Password
It is impossible to block individual shows on Hulu despite the fact that it is a large streaming service with an excellent user interface and several features. Still, Hulu doesn’t enable its users to block individual shows. But, the streaming platform only lets you limit what ratings they can watch. However, there is a method that you can use to block shows on Hulu. The first method is to change your Hulu password each day. Here is how to set up a new PIN for your Hulu account:
- Login to your Hulu account and choose” Account” from the drop-down menu.
- Choose Manage Profiles and then choose Edit which is located next to the profile that you want to change.
- Scroll down to the Profile Lock and choose Enable Profile Lock.
- Input a 4-digit PIN and then choose” Save Changes”
This will prevent them from watching what they want. If your kids want to watch any program, you should ask them first before giving them your password. When they are done, you can simply check the watch history.
Does Hulu Have Parental Control?
Yes, it does. Hulu provides several options that enable parents to control what their kids watch on the streaming platform. Hulu offers two ways for parents to set parental controls on the platform and they are:
- Set a PIN to restrict access to content
- Create a new Hulu Children’s Profile
These are the ways that parents can control what their kids watch on Hulu. After creating a new account for their kids, they can switch to this account and it will immediately stop showing R-rated content.