Do you want to add music to your Instagram story, but you simply don’t know how to do it? I’ll be showing you how you can do this easily. In the meantime, Instagram has a feature where you can add music to a video meant for your Instagram feed.
Instagram stories should be an important part of your social media strategy for a number of reasons, and there are powerful shopping features. Shoppable stories are an enormous asset to e-commerce businesses as you tag products in themselves. Users can click on the image, see the product’s information, and purchase it right within the app.
It’s not uncommon to hear people talking about stories, and for these short, disappearing images and videos to be a crucial part of the brand’s social media marketing strategy, stories are vertical, full-screen, mobile-friendly content on Instagram.
Instagram is a well-known platform that helps all social media and businesses advertise and sell their products for the reach of other people, making it a profitable one. By adding music to your Instagram story, there’s a massive audience waiting to reach you. Because music is universally adored, including music in your Instagram story is a great way to increase views and engagement.
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories
Let’s say you’re on an Instagram story and you’ve tried to make a really cool story post to all your friends, but you can’t find your song on Instagram stories.
That’s super annoying and frustrating because singles are out in the world and can now add and share photos on Instagram. How do we get this up on Instagram Stories for us to share our song with the world?
I’ll be showing you two simple methods to add any music you want to your Instagram stories.
Using the Music Sticker
Before the Instagram update story, there was a very simple way to add any music you wanted to your Instagram stories. There was actually a dedicated menu right underneath the update. But not anymore; they took it away, so in order to add music now, you have to do some extra steps. Open Instagram.
- Go to your profile page.
- Go to hands-free and then start taking any video. Or you can even take any video you want from your camera by swiping up.
- You can also click on the plus icon in the top-right corner.
- After that, click “story” from the pop-up options below.
- Record your video, then tap the sticker icon here.
- On the pop-up screen, tap the sticker labeled “Music.”
- You can also type “music” in the search bar to pull it up.
- Now you will be able to browse and select the song you want to play with your story.
- Once your preferred song pops up, select it.
- Now the music is edited into the video, and you can edit the music in your story.
- You can choose a section of the song by scrolling left or right in the horizontal sound bar at the bottom.
- Once you’re satisfied, click on Done in the top right corner.
You can also easily change the way the subtitles are shown by scrolling left or right above them. You could even replace it with a visual track of the song. Once you’re satisfied, click on Done in the top right corner.
You can also change the colors of the subtitles by clicking on the color icon at the top of the screen. Again, once you’re happy, click on Done. And then reshape and relocate the subtitles the way you like.
Using A Music App
The music sticker isn’t available in all countries, and you may not have it if the app is out of date. Instead,
- Open a music-streaming app such as Spotify or Apple Music, and then give them your song. They will begin playing the song you want to use. This is like a middleman. It’s a company that stands between you and Instagram stories.
- With the song playing, head over to Instagram.
- Now record your story.
- The music playing on your phone will be integrated.
- Bear in mind that you won’t be able to add a dynamic album cover or live lyrics with this method.
- If you add music this way, Instagram will check your story for copyright infringement and, if detected, will remove the sound from the video.
Note: If you have already released your song, then you know what a music distributor is. And then you can make a switch to make your music available on Instagram. But if you have not heard of music distributors before, you can start from scratch.
How to Add Music to Your Instagram Story After Posting It
So, let’s say you want to post to Instagram and want to add some music to it. Let’s begin.
- First, go ahead and open Instagram.
- Go to the post to which you want to add a song.
- Tap on the post, and then at the right bottom, you’ll see a shared sign (an arrow sign). Tap on it.
- Then, at the top, it will say, Add a post to your story.” Click on it.
- So, at the top right corner, you’ll see a little sticker icon next to the letter icon.
- Tap on it and then click on “Music” in the middle of the screen.
- This allows you to select the music you want to add to your Instagram post.
- You can browse through the options or search for specific music that you want to add.
- Here, you can select the part of the music that you want to add to your Instagram post.
- You can also select the duration (the longest is 15 seconds) and shorten it to your desired length.
- Once you’re done with that, just press “done.”
- And when you’re done selecting the music, press “Done” again at the top right corner.
- And then, you can place the music sticker wherever you want. Zoom in, if desired. You can just design it however you like.
- Once you’re done, tap the three dots at the top right corner and press ‘Save’. Which will save it directly to your gallery.
So, you can just go back, discard the video, and press the plus sign at the bottom middle of your screen to add the post you just created. Tap on it and then share it as you normally would.
Why Can’t I Add Music to My Instagram Story?
If you can’t add any music or it says no results found, one thing that you want to do is if it comes up with some music but not the specific song that you want, then potentially it’s just not in the Instagram library. So, this isn’t every song that was ever made; this is just a subset that Instagram negotiated to get the rights to be able to add to your story.
So, this changes based on where you are and your region, so you want to make sure that if somebody’s in a different country, they might have different music that’s available to them than you would.
- Poor Internet connection.
- When you have too many apps running on your phone.
- If you’re using a professional account or a brand account, you won’t be able to add music to your story.
- When your app is not updated.
How to Fix It
If none of the music is showing up, here are a few steps to take to get it to show up again.
- First, what you would do is swipe down from the top of the screen.
- Turn off your Wi-Fi.
- So, when you switch from Wi-Fi to cellular data, it might speed up your internet. If it is an internet issue or just an uploading issue, this will speed things up and help you get on your way.
- Another thing that you can do is cancel out or exit here. And then just go back to Instagram.
- If you tap on your profile icon at the bottom and then the three lines at the top, find your settings icon, and then towards the bottom, tap on the account.
- If you scroll all the way to the bottom, it says to switch to a personal account. That means you have a professional account or brand account, the same as a business account.
- Tap the button and switch back to a personal account. That might help you get on your way to adding music to your story.
- You can also offload the app by heading to your settings.
- Go to general and iPhone storage, and then find Instagram on this list.
- Once it pops up, offload the app and then reinstall.
This is really easy; it doesn’t wipe any of your data, your messages, or anything. But it kind of resets all the core system files of Instagram, which you can reinstall.