Are you searching for a home health aide registry job with visa sponsorship? If your answer is affirmative, then I recommend you read this blog post. The Home Health Aide (HHA) is a home care provider, and lots of people who are qualified to work as home care aides apply for jobs there. HHA has many job opportunities for people who are not employed by any home care provider.
The HHA registry provides people with the ability to view the status of a home health aide who is on the list of the Home Health Aide Registry. People who need a home health aide can check the list to search for a registered home health aide by entering the home health aide’s details such as name and the personnel ID number.
Who is a Home Health Aide?
Home health aides are people who take care of patients in their homes. They give the patient adequate care and attention and assist them with their daily activities. They also help patients manage chronic diseases and provide support and companionship.
A home health aide helps the patient with personal care like bathing, eating, dressing, preparing food, and helping them from the bed to the wheelchair. Most of the time, finding a job as a health care aide is very difficult, but with the help of the HHA register, you can be able to secure one by registering with them and letting clients find you from their registered list of home health aides.
Skills of a Home Health Aide
Home Health Aides are responsible for looking after their patients and assisting them with other needs. However, for you to perform these duties efficiently, there are a certain set of skills required. Most home health providers require these abilities because they are crucial. Here are the skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- An experience in the job or field
- Compassion for people
- Home health aides must be well organized.
- They must be able to multitask.
- Home health aides must be able to work flexible hours.
- They must know the care procedures.
If you have this set of skills, you are qualified for a home health aide job. You can apply to any home care provider and get a visa sponsorship.
How to Apply for a Home Health Aide Registry Job
If you are interested in this job role, you might be curious about how to apply. Don’t fret. In this segment, I will make the job easier by providing all the information you need. Follow the procedures below to apply:
- Open your web browser, and go to the guardian applicant portal http://guardian.dss.ca.gov/Applicant. Homecare providers can also submit applications for home health care aides by using a guardian account.
- Next, create an account by tapping “Register as a new user.”
- You will receive a password by email. Use the password and username to log in to your account.
- When asked for a PIN, input the home care provider PIN or input R38XKSPE (this is the PIN for independent home health aides).
- To register, you must pay $35. You can make the payment by credit card or debit card.
The application can also be done through the mail. If you want to apply for a home health aide registry job through the mail, follow the steps below:
- Print the form and complete the application by filling in all your details.
- Check the HCS 100 extended application instructions.
- Mail the application form and the $35 application fee to the following address.
California Department of Social Services.
Home Health Services Bureau
744 P Street, M.S 9-14-90
Sacramento, CA 95814
And that is it. You have successfully applied for a home health register job. Once you have submitted your application form, it will be reviewed by HHA, and HHA will determine if you are eligible for a job on the register list. The HHA will do a background check, check for criminal records, and other things to see if you are eligible.
How Much Do Home Health Aides Earn?
Home health aide jobs pay well. They can earn more depending on their years of experience. Aides earn up to $15 per hour and can earn up to $25,000 per year. However, their salary ranges depend on factors like years of experience, qualifications, province, and others.