Gmail is among the popular free world-class email service provider powered by Google. By carrying out a Gmail sign up, you can have access to all Google services such as, Google Maps, YouTube, Google Drive, and many more. You should also take note that your Gmail account is also known as your Google account. Having a Gmail account is not only cool but its very easy to use.
Gone are those days when Gmail sign up could only be done by getting invitations from already registered users on the Google web platform. This system has for long been changed, therefore, allowing any internet user to sign up for a Gmail account with a free and flexible policy.
However, to carry out a Gmail sign up is totally free. The Platform possesses a friendly interface which makes it interactive and fun to use. It is also equipped with great features which makes the site stand out among many other email service providers. To benefit from this special and unique feature Gmail platform possesses. You have to create a Google account. After a successful Google sign up, then you can access Gmail platform and any other Google products. In this article, I’ll give step-by-step guides on how to get your Gmail sign up done.
How to Sign Up for a Gmail Account
Google has made it very easy to create a username and password to sign in to Gmail account. This can be done by just completing Gmail’s registration form which is simple and straight forward. Here are the steps to be taken to sign up for a Gmail account;
- Launch your web browser and visit Gmail signup Page or gmail.com. Then click Create account
- On the next page, enter your personal information;
- Name: First name and Last name
- Username: Create a username you want as your email address which automatically stands in for your account in the Gmail domain. Make sure you choose a unique username that has not been taken by someone else.
- Password: Make sure your password is at least eight characters long, containing mixed letters, numbers and symbols. This is to keep your Gmail account protected from other unknown users.
- Date of Birth: Use the drop-down option to select your birth month, fill in your birth date and then your birth year.
- Gender: Two options are given by Google under this category, you either choose Male or Female.
Continue The Gmail Create Account Steps
- Mobile Number: Your active mobile number is needed in the mobile number box. This is for security and privacy reasons like receiving security notices or password reset updates to your mobile device if need arises.
- Current e-mail address: (Optional)
- Word Verification: On the page you will see five to six unclear letters in a box. They are called Captcha codes. Study them and input them the same way they appear in the box provided.
- Location: In this box, select your country.
- Verification Code: A text message containing a 6-digit verification code will be sent to your mobile number. Check your mobile phone to get the code, input the code correctly in the box provided on the site page. Next, click Verify.
Finally, a welcome note will be displayed on your screen saying, “Congratulations! Your Gmail account has been successfully created”. Then, you can start enjoying the unique features Gmail and other Google products have.