Are you looking for a Solitaire game to play? FreeCell is a free Solitaire game that you can play on your device. FreeCell is amongst the best solitaire card games that can be enjoyed by gamers. If you do play solitaire games, you should know that solitaire games are of different types. As of now, the most popular solitaire card game is Klondike.
Others include patience, Spider, Yukon, Peg Solitaire, Concentration, and the likes. FreeCell, however, is different from most solitaire games in the sense that very few deals are unsolvable. It is played using the standard 52-card deck and all cards are dealt face-up from the beginning of the game.
One good thing about FreeCell solitaire is that it is playable on any device. You can play FreeCell on a desktop computer and on any mobile device. Besides, it is free and easy to grasp. With its attractive user interface, we are assuring you that you will never have a dull moment while playing this game.
Also, it is available for download on mobile devices. Perhaps you own a mobile device, you can visit your respective app stores on your mobile device to get the FreeCell solitaire app. You can download it on Google Play for Android and App Store for iOS devices.
Although FreeCell solitaire can be played on the web and on a mobile device. In the meantime, Microsoft has included a version of this game on its store for desktop users. Microsoft FreeCell has a version for every Windows operating system on Microsoft Store. The presence of FreeCell on Microsoft Windows has led to an increase in the popularity of the game among desktop users.
When the Windows version of FreeCell was first created, it was included in the Microsoft Entertainment Pack Volume 2 and then the Best of Microsoft Entertainment Pack. On the contrary, FreeCell is not available on Windows 8 operating system. But it is available on the Microsoft Store as a free Microsoft Solitaire collection.
How do I download FreeCell solitaire? One benefit of downloading media files is that you can use them even if you don’t have an internet connection. FreeCell solitaire can be played online and can also be downloaded for offline purposes. As stated earlier, you can download FreeCell solitaire on your mobile device. Hence, we’ll be showing you how to download FreeCell on mobile apps from the Microsoft Store.
FreeCell Solitaire Download on Mobile Device
- Visit Google Play or App Store on your respective device.
- Enter FreeCell solitaire on the search bar and click the search icon to get your result.
- Once found, tap ‘’Install or Get’’.
Wait for a few minutes and allow the app to download successfully on your mobile device. Once the download is complete, launch the app and start playing FreeCell on the go.
FreeCell Solitaire Download on the Microsoft Store
- Open Microsoft Store on your Windows
- Click on search and enter FreeCell into the search field.
- When you make your search, you will see other solitaire games that you can download.
- Select ‘’FreeCell’’ and click on ‘’Get’’.
The downloading will begin immediately. Your internet connection will determine the downloading speed. And once the app has been downloaded, you will see a message showing ‘’This product is installed’’. To open the game, select ‘’Play’’. You can choose to launch the game from the product page. But for quick access, you should pin it.
FreeCell Solitaire Rules
Foundation [Four piles; upper right side of screen]
- Build up in suit from Ace to King. For instance, a 3 love can be played on an Ace love.
Cells [or Reserve: four cells, upper left]
- These are the ‘’cell’’’. The cells are storage locations for cards being played to the foundation and the tableau.
- Cells can hold only one card at a time.
Tableau [Eight columns, below foundations and cells]
- Built down in alternating colors. For instance, a 10 spade can be played on a Jack heart or diamond.
- The top card of each column is available for play to the foundations, to another tableau column, or to the cells.
- Move groups of cards if they are in sequence and if there are enough free cells where the cards could be moved individually.
- Spaces may be filled with any card or card sequence.
- Try to move cards from the reserve [free cells] to the tableau as soon as possible.
- Use the reserve to temporarily hold cards that are blocking tableau columns.
- When building on the tableau, always try to play cards in a column whose top card is a king or has a very high rank.