How do I find My Lost AirPod and what should I do if I cannot find my lost AirPod? As you know, the Apple AirPod was designed to be small and sleek and also to enable its users to enjoy podcasts, music, and videos on the go. Due to its small and sleek nature, it is very much possible to misplace the device. And so you will need to find it using the Find My device app. If you have misplaced your AirPod or you wish to enable the feature, you can read through this write-up to discover how to go about it.
Meanwhile, you can easily and conveniently use the Find My to locate your Missing AirPods, AirPods Max on the map or you can play a sound to locate it. The Find My feature can be accessed via your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or via the iCloud.com website. However, you can only use the Find My Feature, if you have turned on the feature on your AirPod.
In other words, you need to first enable the Find My Feature for your AirPod using your iPhone, Mac, or iPad in order to find it when it eventually goes missing. Note that; the Find My feature is the only possible way to track your missing device be it your AirPod or any other Apple device. Otherwise, you might need to replace or change your missing AirPod.
How to Enable the Find My Feature for your AirPod on your iPhone
As stated above, to use the Find My feature, to track your AirPod, you must have enabled the feature using the Find My App on your iPhone or any other iOS device such as your Mac computer. However, in this part of the article, we will be showing you steps on how to enable the feature for your AirPod on your iPhone Find My device App. Below are the steps and guidelines to follow;
- Open the settings App on your iPhone device
- Click on your name and select the Find My
- To activate the find my feature for your AirPod and other iOS devices
- Check to see that it says NO, if not
- On the Find My iPhone Page, move the green button to ON and Send Last Location
- If you wish to find your device even when they are offline, tap on activate Find My Network
After successfully activating the Find My feature on your iPhone. You can pair your AirPod and it will automatically be added to the Find My Feature.
How to Find your AirPods Using the Find My App on your iPhone
In order to use you’re the Find My App on your iPhone to track your missing AirPod, you can follow the steps and guidelines below;
- Open the Find My App on your iPhone
- Click on the Devices tab on the bottom
- Now, choose your AirPod from the list
- If you cannot find your AirPod, you can swipe up to see all your Apple Devices
- Once you have found your AirPod from the device list
- Check the Map to locate where your AirPods was last connected. You will be provided with the nearest street address under your AirPods Name.
- If your AirPods are nearby, you can click on PLAY SOUND. Click on play Sound again and both of your AirPods will start beeping but the sound might not be loud as you think.
- But if your AirPods are far, you can tap on Directions. You will be then be provided with turn by turn directions for walking, driving and more to locate your missing AirPods.
How to Track your Lost AirPods Via iCLoud.com/find
In order to Find your Lost AirPods via your web browser, you will be required to sign in to your Apple account using your Apple ID and Password to get started. You can follow the below steps and guidelines;
Open your web browser and visit the official website of iCloub.com/Find
- Then, login to your Apple ID and Password to get started
- Select find iPhone
- Now, select All Devices and tap on your AirPods
- You will see the last known location of your AirPods on the Map
- To find one AirPod at a time, you can click on PLAY SOUND
- You will need to click on Mute Left or Mute Right Button to find one AirPod
Following the above steps and guidelines, you will be able to find your lost AirPods with ease. However, if you cannot find the missing AirPod, you can check out the next outline.
What Should I Do if I Can’t Find My Missing AirPods?
If you are unable to find your AirPods because they are out of range. You will need to try out the last option which is No Location found or offline. In this case, you won’t be able to play a sound to find the AirPods.
But you will still be able to get directions to the location where the AirPods were last connected. Once your AirPods comes back online, you will be sent a Notification on the iPad, iPod touch, Mac, or iPhone you have enabled the Find My Feature for your AirPods.
If after trying out all these steps you still can’t find the AirPods. You might consider purchasing a new AirPods from any reliable AirPods retailer online or in-store. And, if you have lost your AirPods case, we recommend you get a replacement also.