Delivery job in USA – Would you like to live in America? Well, who wouldn’t? Lately, there have been several opportunities for foreigners to get a job and also get sponsored to live and work in America. Amongst these opportunities to live and work legally in the States is to apply for a Delivery Job.
Delivery drivers are currently on-demand in the United States and it is also the ideal job for most foreigners because it enables them to earn up to $18.75 per hour. Also, the major task the job requires is to pick up and drop off items at their assigned destinations. Want to know more about this job? Then reading through this blogpost is not a bad idea.
Who Is A Delivery Driver?
A delivery driver is someone who collects items and packages and then transports them to their assigned destinations. They convey a wide array of items that range from food to furniture and they also deliver to businesses.
Deliver drivers pick up items and drop them off while they are following the assigned routes and time schedules. They must be willing to work as part of a team to make sure that the items are complete, safely delivered and they are packed accurately.
What Is The Average Salary Of a Delivery Driver in USA?
The average salary of a delivery driver in the United States is $18.75 per hour and $39,000 per year. However, this is just the average salary, most delivery jobs salaries are determined by factors such as location, level of experience, and employer.
Responsibilities of Delivery Driver in USA
Delivery drivers are tasked with various responsibilities and they must carry them out with effectiveness. Some of these responsibilities include:
- Receive payment.
- Follow the time schedule and routes.
- Deliver a wide array of items to several locations through different routes.
- Must be able to operate equipment such as cars, forklifts, and trucks.
- You must help with the loading and unloading of items from the vehicle.
- Offering the best customer service and also taking care of complaints from the client.
- Prepare reports and other important documents that are related to deliveries.
- Adhere to all the transportation laws and also keep a safe driving record.
- Review the orders before and after delivery to make sure that the orders are complete.
- Deliver items to the customer in a timely manner.
These are some of the duties that you must be able to perform as a delivery driver in the United States.
Benefits of Working As a Delivery Driver in USA
Working as a delivery driver in the United States gives you access to certain perks such as:
- Tips and bonuses.
- Flexible work hours.
- Quick pay turnarounds.
- Flexible earnings.
- Growth potential.
- Full healthcare.
- Top pay.
And many more, these are only some of the benefits that you will enjoy while working as a delivery driver in the United States.
Types of Visa to Apply For To Get a Delivery Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Before you can live and work in the United States legally, you need to apply for a work visa. There are several types of work visas and you need to know which one is eligible for your job. For delivery jobs, there are two types of visa that are eligible and they are
H-1B Visa- This type of work visa is eligible for temporary workers and with this visa, foreigners can live and work in the United States legally.
H-2B Visa- This type of visa is eligible for short-term workers. If you want to get this type of work visa, your employer needs to file a Temporary Labor Certificate from the United States Department of Labor.
Requirements to Apply For Delivery Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Before you can get a job as a delivery driver in the United States with visa sponsorship, you need to meet the basic requirements. These are set by the employer to determine if you are qualified for the job. Here are some basic requirements:
- Must pay attention to the details.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- High school diploma.
- A valid driver’s license.
- An experience in this job field.
- Good time management skills.
- Must be able to drive, lift, walk, and carry heavy items for a long period of time.
- Must adhere to the assigned schedules, routes, transportation laws, and safety procedures.
- Good organizational skills
These are some of the requirements that you must be able to meet before you can get a delivery job in USA with visa sponsorship.
Where to Find Delivery Job in USA with Visa Sponsorship
Finding a job in the United States as a foreigner is not an easy task. However, with a job search site, you will be able to see some job openings posted by different companies on the job search site. Here are some of the job search sites:
These are some of the job search sites that you can use to find delivery jobs in USA with visa sponsorships. On these job search site, all the information that you need about the job will be available for you as well as the link to apply.
How to Apply
After finding a delivery job opening, the next step is to start your job application. The application process is very easy and straightforward. On the job search site, the link to apply for the job will be available, and then you can start your application. Here is how to apply:
- Connect to the internet.
- Open your web browser and visit Indeed official website www.indeed.com.
- On the homepage, enter the type of job you want and choose the location.
- It will bring out a list of available delivery jobs in the location you want.
- Tap on the one that best suits you.
- Check the details of the job.
- Click on the Apply button.
- You will be taken to the company’s official website.
- Meet the requirements for the job.
- Upload the necessary document.
- Submit your application.
And it is as simple as that. After following the guide above, you will be able to apply for a delivery job. After submitting your application, the company will look through it and if you are approved you will be contacted and an interview will follow.