If you are looking for a travel card for earning rewards, Citi premier card might be the best to consider for this task. Citi premier card issued by Citibank is a card issued on the Mastercard network. With this card, you can earn points for the places you want to go and the things you need. Just like other Citi cards such as the Citi Prestige card, the Citi premier card allows you to earn ThankYou points.
These ThankYou points can be earned at your favorite restaurants, filling up at the pump, traveling to your next destination, picking up groceries, and everything in between.
Over the years, Citi has really upgraded the ThankYou rewards program including the cards that earn these Thank You points. Particularly the Citi premier card. In order to compete with Chase Ultimate Rewards and Amex membership rewards. Citi has partnered with the new airline transfer partners such as JetBlue TrueBlue and Avianca LifeMiles.
ThankYou Points are beneficial to people who need suppleness to redeem their points for air travel. Meanwhile, it comes with an annual fee of $95 which makes the card less appealing. Also, it’s APR [Annual Percentage Rate] for purchases is 15.99% to 23.99% based on your creditworthiness.
Benefits of Citi Premier Card
In addition, the Citi Premier card comes with tons of benefits as well as the opportunity to earn rewards through the ThankYou rewards program. You can redeem ThankYou points for travel rewards, gift cards, shop with points, and much more. Thus, Citi premier offers the following benefits;
- You get a welcome bonus of 60,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on purchases with your card within the first three months.
- With your Citi Premier card, you’ll earn 3 ThankYou points per $1 spent at restaurants, gas stations, travel agencies. And also supermarkets, airlines, cafes, hotels, bars, lounges, and fast-food restaurants.
- Per $1 spent at communication transportation, purchases at drug stores, utility payments. Also, bill payments, purchase at retailers, and live entertainment, you get 1 ThankYou point.
- No foreign transaction fees are charged on your card.
- As a cardholder, you get $100 off a single hotel stay of $500 or above not including fees and taxes via thankyou.com once a year.
- You can use ThankYou points to shop at BestBuy.com or Amazon.com.
- As a Citi premier cardholder, you’ll get exclusive access to buy tickets to several events including presale tickets, dining experiences, and much more.
- You can use your card to make contactless payments.
- No additional fee for authorized users.
- Use digital wallet to shop with ease in several places online, both in stores and apps.
- Damage and theft protection.
- Extended warranty protection.
- Citi concierge.
- As a card issued on the Mastercard network, you can enjoy World Elite Mastercard benefits.
- Free FICO score.
Above all, you can transfer points to certain airline loyalty programs such as TrueBlue, Virgin Atlantic flying club, and Singapore airlines Kris flyer. No fee is attached and the highest point you can transfer is 1,000 points.
How to Apply for Citi Premier Card
Citi premier card application process is quite easy and can be done in less than ten minutes. Meanwhile, you need to have excellent credit before applying for this card. The recommended credit score for Citi Premier Card ranges from 720 to 850. However, there are other things credit issuers do consider apart from your credit score.
Credit issuers go through your income and monthly mortgage. So, this means you might not even get approved even with excellent credit. But if you are sure of approval, you can make an online application using the steps below;
- Visit the Citi premier card website on your phone or computer.
- Once the page load, locate the apply now button and click on it.
- Then you will be redirected to the application page.
- Personal information – suffix, last name, middle initial [opt], first name, home address, social security number, date of birth, country of citizenship, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Then enter a security word hint and security word.
- Financial information – rent payment/monthly mortgage and total annual income.
- Add an authorized user to your account if interested.
- Then scroll down and click on the box that says ‘I have read and agree to the above Terms and Conditions, which contain rate, fee. And other information, including rewards information, if applicable.
- Finally, click on the blue Agree & Submit button.
Note: The Citi Premier card application is available to new accounts only and you must be up to 18 years of age before you can apply. If you are already married, you should apply for a separate account. And applicants must reside in the United States and its territories.