How can I request a ride via the Bolt app or is there a mobile app for Bolt? If you reside in an overcrowded area, you will agree that traffic congestion is inevitable. The frustration of staying in long queues at bus terminals has made many trekking a long laborious journey. Well, we’ve got the perfect solution to your transportation problem with the Bolt app for mobile devices. Bolt is a mobility app that provides users with easy comfortable rides to convey them to their respective destinations. With Bolt, you can say happily say goodbye to traffic jams as this mobility company has helped to make transportation easy.
Although, you can request a ride on Bolt via the web. But don’t you think that it will be more interesting to download the Bolt app? With the Bolt app, you can easily order a ride and request a nearby driver to pick you up from your comfort zone. You can see that this is amazing. Meanwhile, it is important to let you know that the former popular Taxify app is now the Bolt app we are bringing to your hearing in this article.
Why Should I Download the Bolt App?
Bolt was initially introduced to make transportation easy and comfortable for millions of people around the world. One major reason why you should download the Bolt app is that mobile apps are easier to access than eCommerce websites. You can request a ride in minutes simply from your mobile device. No need to log in again after the first registration. Hence, you should download the Bolt app because of the following;
- Payment made easy: Unlike the website that only allows you to pay via cash, you can pay with your debit or credit card on the Bolt app. After setting up an account, you can link your bank card and pay from your card. You can as well pay with cash but paying with a bank card is only available on the app.
- Automatically set up your pickup location. If you are always requesting a ride from home, you can set up your pickup location so drivers can pick you up at the right spot. Thus, you don’t have to enter a pickup location anytime you want to request a ride.
- Enjoy Bolt Promo and get discounts on rides.
- At the end of each trip, you can leave a rating about the trip and rate the driver on the service he offered. A star signifies poor service while five stars signifies excellent service. When you leave a rating, it helps to Bolt to keep the best drives and improve their service.
- View your ride history and check the number of rides you’ve ordered.
There are more to why you should download the Bolt app than what is listed above. Bolt provides fast, simple, and affordable rides in over 45 countries in Africa, Europe, Western Asia, and Latin America.
Bolt App Download
Downloading Bolt is free and easy. No payment is required to download the app. You should however know that the app is only compatible with mobile devices. It is not compatible with desktops/PC. You can download the app on Android and iOS devices by following the steps below.
To Download on Android
- Visit Google Play
- Enter Bolt on the search bar
- Tap on ‘’Install’’
To Download on iOS
- Open the App Store on your iOS device.
- Click the search icon below and search for Bolt.
- Once you’ve found it, click on ‘’Get’’
Wait for the app to download on your respective device. Mind you, Huawei users can also download it from the HuaweiAppGallery. Presently, the only way you can download it on your desktop is from Microsoft Store which requires payment.
How to Request a Ride on the Bolt App
Get to wherever you want to get faster by requesting a safe and affordable ride on the Bolt app. Not only can your order a ride online, but you can also order on the app. If you have the Bolt app on your device but don’t know how to request a ride, you can follow the guidelines below;
- Launch the Bolt app on your mobile device.
- Swipe your screen up and enter your pickup location and destination on their respective field.
- After entering the fields, you will see the price range of your trip.
- Click on ‘’Select Bolt’’ if you wish to continue.
You will see a list of nearby drivers, choose anyone and enjoy your trip on the go. When requesting a ride on the app, you can do two things. You can send the rider an in-app message and also call the driver. You can only send an in-app message after starting the trip the calling option is only available for 24 hours after the trip ends.