Are you searching for the best dental insurance companies in 2022? Well, you would be thrilled to find out that several dental insurance companies provide the best dental insurance plan for you and your family.
Getting dental insurance is very important because you can develop dental or oral issues. Improper care of your teeth can lead to oral issues, and the cost of visiting the dentist is something we all didn’t bargain for. But with dental insurance, you have enough coverage for your dental health; that way, you can save money and have a good, healthy mouth.
With several dental insurance companies, it can be a little difficult to know which one will provide the right coverage along with benefits for a substantially healthy mouth. Some of the best dental insurance plans provide coverage for your dental health and offer a wide range of benefits.
In addition to this, you can be able to cut the costs of dentist fees and other charges for oral health. In this guide, I will list some of the best dental insurance companies, and that way you can compare them to choose which one best suits your needs.
What is Dental Insurance?
Dental insurance is the type of insurance that covers your dental health. Some dental insurance plans include fees like a monthly premium and yearly deductible, along with co-insurance. Dental insurance companies negotiate fees with providers to keep costs low.
Dental insurance is separate from health insurance. If your employer provides health insurance for you, dental insurance might be part of your health benefits, or you can purchase dental insurance from an insurance company. Most dental plans have a waiting period before your coverage starts.
How Does Dental Insurance Work?
Dental insurance policies can help you to reduce the cost of dental care. Understanding how it works can be a little complex, but here is a breakdown of how it works:
- You have to pay a premium: This is the monthly amount you pay for purchasing dental insurance. If your dental insurance is covered by your employer, the fee will be deducted from your pay. However, if you buy a dental insurance plan on your own, the monthly cost will be paid directly to your insurer.
- Waiting period: For most dental insurance, you have to wait for a period of 6 months before you are covered for dental care.
- You need a primary dentist: Most dental insurance policies may require you to select a primary dentist. If you have any problems, you will have to visit this particular dentist.
- Out-of-network or in-network: Based on the plan you purchase, you may need to see the dentist in the insurance plan’s network.
- Frequency and limitations are crucial: the terms of dental insurance explain what you are covered for and what you are not covered for.
- Your dental insurance may come with several deductibles: This is the amount that must be paid out-of-pocket for dental care before your plan starts to share those costs.
- Preventive dental care is frequently provided at no cost: You get an oral examination every 6 months. You also get several types of routine X-rays.
Why Do You Need a Dental Insurance?
If you’re on the fence about getting dental insurance, here are some compelling reasons to do so. Dental insurance isn’t part of your medical insurance; you have to purchase this plan separately. It provides you with coverage that can reduce the cost.
Getting dental insurance protects you from financial risk and helps you maintain oral health, which is very important. Poor dental hygiene can add to several chronic conditions, such as heart disease and diabetes.
Dental insurance covers the cost of some expensive procedures that might be needed, such as bridges, crowns, and implants. Ignoring these types of treatments will lead to a bigger problem and damage your overall health.
What Does Dental Insurance Cover?
Your dental insurance coverage depends on the plan you select. Here are the several types of coverage you might consider when purchasing a dental plan:
- Preventive dental care: Some dental insurance plans provide free preventive care. This frequently includes cleanings every 6 months, dental exams, and other types of mouth X-rays. There is also coverage for fluoride and sealants for kids.
- Restorative care: This includes fillings for tooth extractions and cavities, root canals, bridge crowns, and dentures. This type of treatment ranges from basic to major.
- Orthodontic care: This area is specialized in correcting bite and tooth alignment.
Best Dental Insurance Companies in 2022
Here are some of the best picks for dental insurance. You can go through the list to compare them and choose the best insurer that suits your needs.
This is the best choice for people who travel a lot. It provides a nationwide network for an affordable price. It provides three dental plan options via its network of over 92,000 dentists. This insurer is preferred by people who travel a lot because they can access some of the 92,000 networks nationwide. It also has an excellent rating from AM Best. Here are the Cigna dental insurance plans:
- Cigna Dental 1500: $0 for in-network preventive services. It also has $1,500 covered every year after deductibles and co-insurance for other services. A $50 deductible for a single person and families $150 deductible.
- Cigna Dental 1000: $0 for in-network preventive services. $1000 covered per year for the deductible and co-insurance for renewing services. A $50 deductible for a single person and a family is a $150 deductible. There is no coverage for orthodontia.
- Cigna Dental Preventive: For in-network preventive services, it costs $0. There is no coverage for restorative services, and there is no deductible for families or individuals, and there is no coverage for orthodontia.
Spirit Dental and Vision
This insurer provides dental and vision insurance for families and individuals. There is no waiting period for Spirit, unlike other insurers. Your coverage can start the moment you purchase your plan. Policyholders must be at least 18 years old. Anyone in the family up to the age of 26 is automatically covered. Its services include bridges, dentures, implants, inlays, and crowns. It also covers orthodontics.
The amount for coverage differs depending on the plan. Make sure to go through the options to decide which one is best for you. All Spirit Plans have a $100 one-time deductible. Spirit monthly premiums depend on different factors, such as the coverage you choose, your location, and whether you go with one of the company’s or a network’s options.
UnitedHealthOne provides dental insurance plans without age limits and preventive care. It also has no waiting periods. UnitedHealth policies are underwritten by Golden Rule Insurance Company.
Its dental insurance plan includes coverage amounts and other information depending on your location. However, you can get a quote online. Some of the insurance plans have a waiting period of 4 months for major services or basic care. Some plans provide orthodontic coverage, and lower plans may not cover braces, bridgework, and crowns.
Delta Dental is founded by one of the biggest dental provider networks, which makes it easy to choose from over 152,000 dentists in the Delta Dental Network. Its plans and details vary among different states. It provides different types of insurance, such as options that cover orthodontic care.
How Much Does Dental Insurance Cost?
The deductible may be as little as $50. However, the amount of service covered annually may cost $1,000 to $1,500. However, the cost of dental insurance varies depending on the insurance company. Also, you may be asked to stay on a network.
Is Dental Insurance Worth It?
Well, dental insurance is worth the cost. Oral hygiene should be taken seriously, and getting a dental plan for your health doesn’t seem like a waste of money. It covers the cost of dental fees and other procedures for oral health.