In my other articles, I have discussed many audio editors and recorders for Windows, Linux, macOS, and other operating systems. However, in today’s write, I will still like to discuss another popular and reliable open-source digital audio editor and recorder for all your application software. This audio editor and recorder is known as Audacity. What is Audacity and how do I download audacity? Audacity as earlier stated is an online free audio and Recorder for your Window Pcs, Linux, macOS, etc. However, Audacity can not be downloaded on your Android and iOS devices. But you can use the Free software for Personal, Commercial, institutional, or educational purposes by installing it on your computer.
Furthermore, Audacity is also a versatile software program that is easy to use. It allows you to import, Export, mix, file conversion, and much more. Audacity is very much safe to use on your software as the version to be downloaded is an authentic version. It also supports Mp3 export and this can be done by installing the lame for audacity on your operating system. Additionally, you can also enable the audacity to autotune by installing the GSnap plug-in. This will however help you to autotune your audio file. The features of the program are really extensive, check below for some of the features.
Features Of Audacity
The features of this audio editor and recording software are quite extensive. It has a user-friendly interface and is very much compatible with your Windows, macOS, Linux, etc. Besides, the developers of Audacity keep updating and upgrading the Program so that users of the platform will have the best experience. The features are also available for free for all users of the platform and you don’t need to sign up or register before accessing all these features. Meanwhile, below are the features of Audacity:
- It supports formats like M4A/M4R, AC3, WMA, etc using the optional libraries.
- You can record live audio through a microphone, mixer, or digitize recordings from other media.
- It allows you to export and import files
- You can cut, copy, splice, or mix sounds together
- The program has numerous effects which include change of speed or pitch of a recording etc
- You can edit WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC or Ogg Vorbis sound files
Aside from the listed features above, other features of this platform are Accessibility, Analysis, Plugins and so much more. Note that, Audacity is also compatible with your window 10. Also, it supports only 32 bit or 64-bit VST audio effect plug-ins.
Meanwhile, downloading Audacity on your MacOS, windows, Linux is very easy and isn’t difficult. As said earlier, the free open-source audio editor and recorder isn’t available for android and iOS users. Also, it is advisable to download the audacity app from the Audacity official platform so as not to download virus on your system. Below, are the download processes for each;
- Visit the Official website www.Audacity.com
- Locate the Download feature at the top of the homepage and click on it
- Scroll down and click on:” MAC”
- Then, immediately the Audacity App will start downloading on your mac
- Proceed to install the App on your system
- Visit the official website of Audacity or click the provided link above
- You will then be taken to the official homepage, at the top of the page click on download
- Navigate down and select “Windows” and the App will start downloading on your window
- Then, launch and install the downloaded App
- At the official homepage, Click on download
- Scroll down and select Linux
- Then, Immediately the Audacity App will be downloaded on your system
- Launch and Install the App
There you have it. The above process and instructions are the simple and easy steps to download Audacity on your windows, Mac or Linux. If you follow the above steps carefully, you will be able to download the App on your application system.