You have an AOL Mail account, but you don’t exactly know how to go about the login process. Relax, because the AOL Mail login process is as simple as ABC. However, you know it isn’t possible to login to your AOL account without first signing up for an account with the platform.
AOL Mail login serves as authentication to gain access to your AOL account. Users of AOL who are able to sign in to their account will be able to experience the personalized mail it gives. This means you will be able to connect with your friends and family when you log in to your account.
Furthermore, AOL mail sign-in gives you access to your mail inbox, which is very important. In your AOL mail inbox, you can check all your emails sent by friends and co-workers. Additionally, AOL Mail login gives all its users access to send and receive emails and also enjoy the rest of the amazing features of AOL.
Another cool thing is that you can access the AOL account sign-in page on any device, e.g., your PC, iOS, Android, etc. Also, you can log in to your account via the website or with the AOL App. Why not sign in to your account today? The AOL mail login feature is an important part of every AOL user account. It grants users access to their Mail on AOL.
How to Login to Your AOL Mail Account
Just like other email services, AOL allows registered users to login to their account using either a web browser or its mobile app. So, depending on the device you want to use to sign in, you can access your account using any of these methods. Steps to login using each are given below:
Via the App
Signing in to your AOL account through the app is simple and quite easy to do. All you need to do is download the App on your device. Just go to your Google Play Store for Android users and your App Store for iOS users. And for Windows and Mac users, you can also download the AOL app on your system.
Search for the AOL Mail app and click on Install, Get, or Download. Now you can follow the outline below on how to sign in to your AOL mail account via the App:
- Launch the AOL mail app on your device.
- Then, you will be taken to the AOL Mail App homepage; click on inbox.”
- You will then be taken to the sign-in page.
- Enter your AOL mail username, email address, or phone number.
- Click on the “Next” icon.
- Then, enter the verification code sent to your email.
- Or verify your phone number by entering the code sent to your phone.
Then, follow the rest of the prompt instructions, which will be displayed on your screen. After that, rest assured that you will automatically be signed in and also gain access to your AOL mail inbox.
Via the Web
Aside from the App, you can also sign in to your account through the AOL Mail website. It is also a simple step, not a difficult one. Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch your device’s web browser.
- Visit the official website at www.aol.com.
- Navigate to the top-right corner of the AOL mail page.
- Click on ”Sign in”.
- This takes you to the login page.
- Enter your username or email or phone number.
- Then, click on the blue “Next” icon.
- Enter your password, and then tap on the blue “Next” icon again.
Finally, you will automatically be logged in to your AOL mail account. However, you can also choose to sign in with your Google or Yahoo account. Also, you can click on the Tick mark icon to stay signed in.
How to Recover Your AOL Username
If you forget your username when you want to login to your AOL Mail account, you can always recover it. Follow the guidelines below to recover it.
- Visit the AOL login page.
- Click on ‘’Forgot username?’’
- There are four different types of information you can use for recovery. They include the sign-in email address, mobile number, recovery phone number, and recovery email address.
- Enter any of them in the field provided.
- Click ‘’Continue’’
- Now AOL will provide options for recovery. Typically, it’s always your Google account and recovery email.
- If you don’t want to use your recovery email or Google account for the recovery, click ‘’I need more options’’.
- Your mobile number will pop up if you use it as a recovery option.
- Most people use recovery email, so I’d use it to continue the steps.
- Click on the option that reads ‘’ Email a code’’.
- AOL will send a verification email and a verification link to the recovery email address.
- Click on ‘’Enter verification code’’ and enter the verification code, which is an eight-charter code, into the field provided.
- Click ‘’Verify’’.
- Alternatively, you can click on the verification sent to your email address.
- Now, you’ll be asked to create a new password. If you don’t want to change your password, click on ‘’I’ll do this later’’.
- In a blink of an eye, you’ll be logged into your AOL account.
If you follow these steps to the letter, you’ll recover your user username and access your account without any hassle.
How to Recover Your AOL Password
To recover your AOL password, follow the steps below:
- Visit the AOL login page.
- Enter your AOL username or email.
- Click ‘’Next’’.
- Tap ‘’Forgot password?’’
- Click on ‘’Email a code.”
- A verification email will be sent to the email address as well as a secure link to reset your password.
- I’ll continue using a secure link so that you can get an idea of how both work.
- Login to your recovery email account and click on the verification link to approve your sign-in request.
- Now AOL will confirm if it’s you trying to sign in.
- Click ‘’Yes’’.
- Then click ‘’Done.
Before you know it, you’re already in your account. From there, you can view your messages, compose, and send emails.
AOL Mail Login Problems & Remedy
So many users encounter problems while trying to sign in to their AOL mail account. Nevertheless, we will quickly look at some of the problems and the steps to take to overcome them. More often than not, most users complain of incorrect passwords and that the login page is not accepting their username.
To solve these two prevalent problems, make sure you enter the right password, or you can also reset your password by clicking on “Forgot password. And for the latter, ensure you are visiting the right login page, and you can also try to recover your username from the Login page. If you are still encountering the same issues or more after taking these steps, contact the AOL Mail help center for possible solutions.