Allstate is one of the top insurers in the United States and they offer renters’ insurance. Renters’ insurance policies are a variety of coverages created to help people who live in rented apartments. Allstate offers four types of coverage in a renters’ insurance policy that protect the policyholder, the belongings, and the rented apartment after a loss. It also offers additional coverage for renters’ insurance.
Allstate renters insurance is another name for Allstate tenant insurance. It helps to cover accidental events. It is important to get insurance for your rented apartment or house to cover for loss after unexpected events. Situations like theft, fire outbreaks, and break-ins cannot be prevented. That is why you need to get renter’s insurance.
What Does Allstate Renters Insurance Cover?
Allstate offers a variety of coverage in a renters insurance policy. Policyholders can choose from the different types of coverage needed for the rented apartment. Here are the types of coverage in renters’ insurance policies:
Personal Protection Property
This type of coverage protects the valuables in your home. It covers your electronics, clothes, kitchen items, and furniture. It covers the expense of replacing such items if they are damaged or misplaced.
Family Liability Protection
It covers injuries you cause to other people. This coverage covers the cost if you accidentally damage the properties of others or cause harm to them. For instance, if you are liable for a guest’s injury, you will be obliged to pay for the cost.
Guest Medical Protection
This type of coverage helps the guest who sustains an injury on your property. It covers the medical fees regardless of who caused them. Medical protection coverage includes costs like surgical procedures, ambulance rides, and other medical fees.
Additional Living Expenses
If you are unable to live in the apartment due to an accident or other event, this coverage pays for the extra cost of living somewhere else.
Furthermore, some renters’ insurance policies don’t cover items like coins, so you might want to get better coverage for your properties. There is additional coverage that you can add to your policy. This coverage pays the cost of replacing your valuables.
Allstate Renters’ Insurance Additional Coverage
Allstate offers additional coverage in the renter’s insurance policy. For better coverage, you can add extra coverage to your policy. Some of the add-on coverage includes:
- Extended coverage on valuables: You can buy extra coverage for valuables such as jewelry, coin, and watches.
- Identity theft coverage: This coverage protects the policyholder in the event of identity theft, and it covers the cost of replacing their identity.
- Scheduled personal property: This type of coverage covers the cost of replacing high-value items such as engagement rings and watches that have been damaged or stolen.
- Actual cash value: If your property is damaged as a result of a covered peril, this type of coverage will reimburse you for the depreciated value of the damage.
Allstate Renters Insurance Discounts
Before you buy an Allstate renters insurance policy, it is advisable to look for discounts to lower the cost of the insurance policy. Some of the discounts include:
- Multi-policy Discount: If you have more than one insurance policy with Allstate, you get a 25% discount on your renter’s insurance policy.
- Simple payment plan
- Claim-free: New policyholders can save up to 20% on renters’ insurance policies.
- Autopay discount,
- Discount for policyholders who are 55 years and older: Retired policyholders who are aged 55 years can get a 25% discount on their renters insurance policy.
- Discount for safety devices: If you have safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and fire alarms, you get up to 15% off on your renter’s insurance policy.
These are the discounts offered by Allstate insurance. However, you can use the above-mentioned discount to lower your premium for renters’ insurance.
Allstate Renters Insurance Cost?
Allstate renters insurance costs a little more than most top companies, under $200 per annum. You can calculate your premium on the official website and through their mobile app. However, the cost of renters insurance depends on your location, coverage type, and the type of building you live in. The average cost for Allstate renters insurance is $15 per month and $180 per year.
How to Compare Allstate Renters Insurance Quotes
If you want to request renters insurance, it is advisable to compare quotes from the different insurance companies. When comparing quotes, pick the same limits, deductibles, and coverage for every quote so that you can make a precise comparison.
- Choose your coverage: Make sure that you check the types of coverage in the policy and decide on the coverage that suits you. You can add extra coverage too.
- Consider your limit: Consider your needs when choosing a limit. This is the maximum cost that the insurer will pay for coverage.
- Choose your deductible: Make sure that you choose the same deductible on every cover for every renters insurance quote you get. Most coverage comes with a deductible, which is the amount you will pay for a claim.
How to File an Allstate Renters Insurance Claim
Do you want to file a renter’s insurance claim with Allstate? Don’t know how to do it? Don’t fret. I will provide some tips that can help you with the process of filing a claim.
- Communicate with your insurance agent immediately to report a claim.
- Protect your belongings from more damage: You can discuss any potential emergency damage with your agency.
- Your insurance agent will question you about the damage. Answer the questions correctly concerning the process.
- Talk through your policy limit and coverage with your insurance agent to know what applies to your case.
- Take photos of all the damaged items and document all the damaged items before the repairs start.
To start filing a claim, simply visit the Allstate Renters insurance claims website. And when you’re done filing the renters insurance claim, you will receive a claim number to track its progress.